Anker Hostel, Oslo, Norway
6.3
26th May 2013

Husband and I stayed here for 1 night in an 8 bed dorm. We got what we needed--a bed and a shower--nothing more. Rooms have key card access but there are no lockers, so I slept with my valuables. Suitcases were stacked around the beds making it difficult to put sheets on and off top bunks. Overall good location and clean enough, but it's a student dorm of some sort. Our roommates were preparing for final exams so we tiptoed around and didn't talk to them...it was a bit uncomfortable and weird.

23rd May 2013

My husband and I booked a 2 bed apartment with shared bathroom. We expected to "share" the bathroom with other rooms, but that was not the case (a mixup or upgrade?). The room had 2 twin beds, a table, TV, stove, closet and a private bathroom. The room was very clean with modern facilities. Expect to pay extra for linens. Located close to the the Munch museum and the metro. We walked instead. It is a bit far, but a nice walk.

Hotel Andre Gill, Paris, France
7.4
14th May 2013

Overall great price and location--right next to metro stop with lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Very cute pets living downstairs at reception (2 cats and 2 dogs). Even though I have allergies and don't have pets myself, I found them charming. My first room had a problem with the electricity, but I was switch to a new room with no issue. Both rooms were very clean, quaint and pretty (feminine/floral decor without being cheesy). Would definitely stay again.

9th May 2013

Basic hostel with everything you need. Small but very clean room with lockers and sink. Toilet and shower closets located nearby in hallway. Downstairs is a cool bar/cafe. Took us a minute to realize this was the hostel! It's literally at the top of the stairs from the metro. If you want to leave your bag behind for the day, they will store it for you ... hanging from the ceiling next to the bar! They hook your bag, pull the rope and lift it up ... cool idea.

Emerald Fields, Florence, Italy
8.0
24th Apr 2013

Overall, good hostel. My husband and I stayed in a 3 bed dorm with shared bathrooms. The room was clean and included a sink. Our room locked with a key and had lockers (they were kind of beat up though). Beds were very soft, like marshmallows (too soft for us). Bathrooms were fine but lacked basic things like towel racks and tp holders (rather annoying). Breakfast=coffee and cookies. Overall, good price for a basic, clean hostel.

Hostal Alaska, Madrid, Spain
7.7
15th Apr 2013

Clean room in a convenient location. However, the bed was much too small for 2 people--it seemed to be a full sized bed, not a queen.

Casa Bombo, Granada, Spain
13th Apr 2013

Loved Casa Bombo! Not easy to find, but when we did we were very pleased. Hostel has a cool vibe, very homey and an AMAZING view of Alhambra. Clean rooms and great staff. Lockers are very small (just for valuables) but I felt comfortable leaving my bag out. Bathrooms both in and out of rooms so never had to wait for one. Great breakfast! Would definitely go back.

Lisboa Hostal, Algeciras, Spain
12th Apr 2013

Very nice staff! They were kind and treated us like family, gave us lots of info about the area. The room was great---simple and clean. Hostel was located in a nice area and had good security measures (surveillance and key-card access at front door). Great hostel!

La Bague De Kenza, Fez, Morocco