Flying Monkey Backpackers

Cairns, Australia

Loved this hostel! Definitely one of my faves in Oz. Super chilled and cool, met some amazing people here : )

Hyde Park Hostel

This hostel is in a good location, and it's ok if you're just staying for a night or so.

Link Corner Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

I really liked this hostel, I met some really cool people here which made it amazing! The lounge area is big and funky to chill in! It has a nice kitchen area. The only negative about this hostel is that it was quite tricky for taxis to find, but it's in a good location close to shopping malls etc - but not close to Khao San Road. If you're going to BKK for the first time and want to be in hub of everything I'd recommend staying near Khao San, if you're not bothered about that then this is great

Link Corner Hostel

Echo Beach Backpackers

Koh Phangan, Thailand

I wouldn't really recommend this hostel purely due to the location. If you're on KPN for the full moon party definitely just stay in Haad Rin. With this hostel you have to get taxis to the centre all the time you'd end up spending more than if you stayed somewhere central. I was at the full moon party May 2013 and I wish I'd known that, we eventually moved to the centre and it was much better, you feel much more involved with everything.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Loved this hostel! I stayed there in May 2013 and I'm going back to stay there in September this year too! I met some really cool people, love the layout of the place, it's clean it's funky., and literally 2 mins away from Kho San Rd but it's removed from the hustle and bustle of the city. I have nothing bad to say about this place! I'd say book quickly because it get's booked up fast.

Alobar1000

Kathmandu, Nepal

This hostel is great for meeting people! However, the bathrooms weren't very nice and could have been a lot better! It's not right in the middle of Thamel (main touristy area in Kathmandu) which I prefer because Thamel is intense and having stayed right in the middle of everything I definitely like the location of the hostel- as you can still be near everything in minutes but it's not too in your face!

Vivek Hotel

New Delhi, India

This hostel was fine for the one night we stayed in Agra (which is all you need to see the Taj). I was with a friend - but if you're a solo traveller I'm not sure it's that good for meeting other travellers.

Vinayak Guesthouse

Jaipur, India

This hostel was so nice! It was clean , the rooms were big and spacey - just a really great feel in the middle of bustling Jaipur! I was travelling with a friend and it was perfect for what we needed.