Reviews: Tomcass

Location New Zealand, Gender Male, Age 23

Hostel Happy Days Roma, Rome, Italy
25th Jul 2013

When I first got there I wasn't very happy, it was like 1 in the morning and hot as an oven, I was lucky they were still awake as they say the reception closes at 12. After a decent sleep and a very drunk man walking in a falling asleep naked I woke to find out they had free coffee and waffles for breakfast (which I did not know about) and in the evening the dinner is free too. I got far more from this hostel than I expected, so all in all it was a pretty choice experience.

Pars Tailor's Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
19th Jul 2013

Fantastic atmosphere, best I've been in yet, plenty of awesome people to meet and hang out with. The staff were great, planning pub crawls, giving out sweet free stuff and always being helpful. Close to everything you need, 24h stores so you'll never go hungry and the vending machine does beer if you don't want to walk to get it. They needed AC but I heard they were setting it up, so that isn't a worry. Also, the WiFi Doesn't work in the rooms, but it's better to be social downstairs anyway chea

Graffiti, Barcelona, Spain
6.0
18th Jul 2013

Graffiti seemed really dirty to me, the graffiti theme was cool, but in the end it just seemed like they couldn't be bothered looking after the place. The rooms had these funny gaps at the tops of the walls, seemed like someone could just perve on you, not that I was worried, just pointing it out. Only stayed for one night, so maybe it gets better over time. Also, at one point I wasn't getting buzzed in and had to wait on the street for ages.

Ona Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
8.0
17th Jul 2013

Took us ages to find and we saw other travelers walk right past the door as we had, the sign is tiny. Once inside it was all good, spacey rooms and ours had a big window, perfect for that Barcelona heat. Massive lockers for your bags. Good facilities and the location was solid.

MEININGER Cologne City Center, Cologne, Germany
26th May 2013

Cool staff, sweet rooms, plus, we once had free bread because they had too much left over after the paid breakfast. Good times.

Sounds pretty cool ;) Thank you so much for your rating! Hope to see you again in our hostel ;)

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
International Budget Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.7
6th May 2013

The timed lights in the toilets are far too quick, you'll almost be ready to start and the room will go dark, you have to stand there waving your hand in the air the entire time. Other than that it was great, love the house cat.

Belford Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
7.7
11th Apr 2013

Well cheap, if you're not too worried about sleeping all fancy and spacious, good bang for buck. The common room is a bit old, but usable all the same. Bar seemed kinda pointless, as it isn't open to the public. No one wants to drink by themselves. Staff were friendly and helped out with a bit of travel-planning before we left.