Mosaic Hostel

Manena Hostel

Genoa, Italy

Center Ramblas

Barcelona, Spain

There were a lot of people staying here at the same time as me. It was a little overwhelming being in a tight room with 11 others. But I just spent more time outside in the city. The immediate area around the hostel can get a little seedy at night, but the staff is always watching the front door and you get an electronic key card for your room. Lockers are available in the rooms.Showers are ok. Breakfast was good but there are no kitchen facilities other than a refrigerator.

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Great location. Electronic access card for the front and room doors. Helpful staff. No breakfast included but a good sized kitchen.

Hotel Iris Benidorm

Benidorm, Spain

I just needed a place to stay one night between Vallencia and Barcelona. The owners were friendly and welcoming. The accomodations are minimal and it was not the easiest place to find but overall it was a fine establishment. Just to put this all in context, I have mainly stayed in hostels during this trip.

I was looking for more of a quiet, relaxed hostel stay. This place is definitely for the young who want to go out at night. That being said, it was well located, has electronic locks on the front and room doors and was clean. There is a little bar and good size kitchen area. The free breakfast was very basic but you can pay for a nicer version. And the staff were all awesome. They organized a bunch of daily events like hiking, tapas tours and pub crawls.

The Boutike Hostel

Seville, Spain

Great, new hostel in the heart of the Seville city center. Staff was friendly and helpful. The owner was almost always on site making sure everyone was taken care of. The did not have lockers, at least not that I saw. Rooms were nice as were the bathrooms. And a very good breakfast.

Gold Coast

Lagos, Portugal

Highly recommend this city and hostel. Doors to all rooms have electronic locks and you are provided with an electronic safe as well. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The owner even poured me a welcome shot and later gave me a bowl of soup he had made. I just wish I could have stayed longer.

Jardim de Santos Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I had a great time staying at Jardim de Santos. The staff was very helpful when I emailed asking about free parking in the area. They also provided suggestions on the sights and restaurants. A staff member needs to buzz you into the building which provides a good sense of security and lockers are available in the rooms. Separate bathrooms for men and women. Unfortunately the mens room was a little cramped and not well lit. But the whole place looked and smelled clean. And breakfast was amazing!

Fabrizzio Guesthouse

Madrid, Spain

I had a great stay here. Diego welcomed me warmly and was very helpful throughout my time. Great location too. Thank you and I hope to see you in Barcelona!