Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Far from the center. Friendly staff. In-house services (bus, train, tour, laundry, bikes) seem to be over-priced. Mostly clean, but why no soap in the dorm bathroom? Great atmosphere, easy to meet other travelers.

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

The staff here are so friendly, it's almost creepy (in a good way). They'll address you by name and help you out with any problem. In that sense, it feels like a five star hotel. It's close to the ocean, bars, and restaurants; yet tucked away in a small peaceful alley. Delicious breakfast! The lockers, however, don't feel secure. I don't like underbed lockers anyway; but with these ones, I could reach my arm into my (locked) locker through the bars.

Dalat Friendly Fun

Da Lat, Vietnam

I had a fantastic stay here. The family is so friendly and their daughters are so cute! The nightly $3 dinner is amazing and so worth it. It was nice to have a communal dinner. They are really helpful with any bookings. The beds are very comfortable. Unfortunately, there's no couch for lounging, but that's the only drawback. Thank you!

Very clean place. It used to be a hotel, so the dorm was a little cramped with 6 beds. The elevator is appreciated :). No common area, but the staff is very helpful. And the lockers are perfect! Big enough for your bag and accessible. Breakfast made to order :)

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Loved the free pick up - great (& unique) service! The hostel-affiliated tuk tuk drivers are really great - makes travel easy. The staff is helpful, especially the 2pm food tour guy. He helped me with angkor tours, circus tickets, bus tickets, and my Vietnam visa. He's patient! But the lockers suck. My (normal) lock didn't fit. And there was a hole in my locker. And the dorm wasn't too clean: flies in the sink and dirt clumps on the floor. Put a mat and shoe rack in the dorm!

Hi & thanks for the kind words, particularly about our reception services. I don't really understand how your normal lock didn't fit our normal locker, we've never had that complaint before (we sell locks for $1 though). As for the crack in the locker door, it's repaired now & would have been for you if you'd let us know. There are mats at the entrance & at the base of each flight of stairs. We can't make everybody wipe their feet though.

Envoy Hostel Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The building is beautiful! Great spaces to relax with many couches and bean bags. Good breakfast. The staff is very helpful with things to do around the city. Great lockers, great beds, clean bathroom. The upstairs hallway is not air conditioned, however, and can get a little toasty. One more thing: they are a Christian organization and provide bibles (in the dorm and hallways) if that bothers you.

Aoi Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Cute place! I enjoyed the 4 bed dorm, it's really comfortable. I wish there were more bathroom facilities though (there are only 2 bathrooms). And for the 4 bed dorm, you either have to go upstairs or downstairs. Breakfast is basic, but appreciated. I met some cool people here, hopefully you will too. :)

A Little Bird 2 Guest House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Somehow there weren't enough lockers for me? So I didn't get a locker. But the staff was friendly and allowed me to keep my valuables at the desk. There isn't much space to hang out to meet people. There's only one toilet for the 10 girl dorm. The hostel is located in a commercial shopping center which is a little strange, but other hostels are located there a well. I liked the staff, but the dorm was completely bare bones.

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This place is spectacular - I felt at home here. I met some amazing people. The staff creates a warm, fun, friendly environment. They are so helpful with EVERYTHING. You don't even have to ask. They'll offer their advice and it's great! The location is phenomenal! So close to the subway. Currently there's construction so you just need a little practice at first to navigate, but it's no strain after that. Enjoy!

Five Stones Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

I loved this place! Everything so so organized! I loved the people I met here. The breakfast includes cereal and milk!! :) the staff is really helpful and it seemed like they were cleaning a lot! So many resources for you to use and even a TV and dvds if you want to relax. Really cozy bed! I didn't want to leave. Thank you thank you!

Old Penang GuestHouse

Penang, Malaysia

Beautiful building with great character! It has a nice sitting area (inside and outside). There is always a friendly staff member at the desk. They are happy to lend you things you might need. Clean bathrooms and clean comfy rooms! I've been recommending this place to all travelers I meet who are heading toward Penang. Love Lane is a great location! Thanks, Old Penang Guesthouse!

Shiralea Backpackers Resort

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Thank you Shiralea staff! They were so helpful and genuinely friendly. I was always greeted with a smile and promptly served. They gave me great advice for my next destination as well. The beds were clean and include a locker with a lock. The bathroom facilities were great. I loved that I could take a shower in a big stall with a place to put my clothes. This is probably in the top 5% of hostels I have stayed at. If I return to Phangan, I'll stay there again!

Thanks for sharing with the world your experience at Shiralea. Hearing that you ranked us high of the list of place you have stayed makes me feel that we are on to a winner. When building the hostel we placed alto of emphasis on comfort and privacy. Were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope that you make it back again soon. Until then Sabi, Sabi Shiralea

Udee Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Great access to DMZ and Bang Su Station. I'll stay again! ♥

Bangkok, Thailand

The guesthouse was very clean and modern! We loved our room. The bathroom was nice and clean. We even had a little balcony. It is so close to the subway - very convenient. This was the best place we stayed in Thailand. The staff was extremely helpful. We arrived late at night and they stayed up to check us in (with advance warning of course). Thank you for a great stay!

The staff was very nice and accommodating! They had great recommendations for places to go and were very helpful in finding information about the bus schedules, etc. The rooms were very nice, some of the nicest hostel rooms I've stayed in. I could tell their standard for cleaning was very high. I liked that the showers had their own separate room. I wish the roof were open past ten, but I understand that the noise level would be inconsiderate of the neighbors. I wish the common area was bigger.

• 19th Sep 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us!! We will try to discover new recommendations for places to go! We look forward to see you again!

Indy House

Busan, South Korea

The hostel is very clean and the staff is excellent. The kitchen and common room facilities are great. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Our room was very nice with extra touches such as night lights and a private bathroom. I would happily stay here again.