Location USA, Gender Female, Age 27

Adore Plaza, San Sebastian, Spain
7th Apr 2016

This place is wonderful for a quick stopover. The value is great as it's in the perfect location, and offers clean, new, comfortable rooms. There is not a common room, however. We simply adored it.

Dar Dadicilef, Chefchaouen, Morocco
25th Mar 2016

This place is truly stunning with plenty of spaces to hang out and admire its beauty. The rooftop boasts great views, while the garden is intimate and tranquil. The location is perfect in the Medina, but not loud at all. The rooms are each unique and most have a bathroom. Our room didn't have a bathroom, however, and the shared bath was far away. The staff was excellent and the breakfast was delicious! I'd happily return to Dar Dadicilef.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, Marrakech, Morocco
7.4
18th Mar 2016

Great location! The staff was very helpful, friendly, and welcoming. Plenty of couches to relax. I was a little disappointed in the rooms. They're cramped with little storage space. The bathrooms are far away. The lockers are tiny and far away. The dorm room are not dark at night. Definitely not enough outlets for charging.

7.7
10th Jan 2016

This hostel is a wonderful place to spend the night if you are going to the airport early in the morning. Don´t plan to stay for more than 1 night. They don´t have facilities for an extended stay such as lockers or a common room. But the owner is very pleasant and helpful. He told me what to do in Pisa for the afternoon.

Hostella, Rome, Italy
6.6
2nd Jan 2016

I wasn't impressed with this hostel and I probably woundn't return. The wifi didn't reach my bed and the "extender" wasn't working. The breakfast was nothing special. The staff was ok, but not super helpful. I also found it strange that there were men working at the front desk, which is located in the living area and near the bathrooms, when this is marketed as a women's hostel. People tend to keep to themselves here, so it wasn't so lively. And my room was colder than I prefer.

Home Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
4th Dec 2015

This hostel is set in a beautiful building. The rooms are spacious and nice. It's a very social place. The bathrooms are clean and adequate. The staff was helpful but not overly friendly. Perhaps because they have the role of both receptionist and bartender, it's hard to ask questions or get served when they're busy. The bar/dining-room/reception feels too small for the amount of guests they accommodate.

6.9
17th May 2015

Far from the center. Friendly staff. In-house services (bus, train, tour, laundry, bikes) seem to be over-priced. Mostly clean, but why no soap in the dorm bathroom? Great atmosphere, easy to meet other travelers.

Mojzo inn, Nha Trang, Vietnam
15th May 2015

The staff here are so friendly, it's almost creepy (in a good way). They'll address you by name and help you out with any problem. In that sense, it feels like a five star hotel. It's close to the ocean, bars, and restaurants; yet tucked away in a small peaceful alley. Delicious breakfast! The lockers, however, don't feel secure. I don't like underbed lockers anyway; but with these ones, I could reach my arm into my (locked) locker through the bars.

Dalat Friendly Fun, Da Lat, Vietnam
12th May 2015

I had a fantastic stay here. The family is so friendly and their daughters are so cute! The nightly $3 dinner is amazing and so worth it. It was nice to have a communal dinner. They are really helpful with any bookings. The beds are very comfortable. Unfortunately, there's no couch for lounging, but that's the only drawback. Thank you!

New Saigon Hostel @ 270 Bui Vien Str, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
8.0
7th May 2015

Very clean place. It used to be a hotel, so the dorm was a little cramped with 6 beds. The elevator is appreciated :). No common area, but the staff is very helpful. And the lockers are perfect! Big enough for your bag and accessible. Breakfast made to order :)

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
8.0
3rd May 2015

Loved the free pick up - great (& unique) service! The hostel-affiliated tuk tuk drivers are really great - makes travel easy. The staff is helpful, especially the 2pm food tour guy. He helped me with angkor tours, circus tickets, bus tickets, and my Vietnam visa. He's patient! But the lockers suck. My (normal) lock didn't fit. And there was a hole in my locker. And the dorm wasn't too clean: flies in the sink and dirt clumps on the floor. Put a mat and shoe rack in the dorm!

Hi & thanks for the kind words, particularly about our reception services. I don't really understand how your normal lock didn't fit our normal locker, we've never had that complaint before (we sell locks for $1 though). As for the crack in the locker door, it's repaired now & would have been for you if you'd let us know. There are mats at the entrance & at the base of each flight of stairs. We can't make everybody wipe their feet though.

Envoy Hostel Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1st May 2015

The building is beautiful! Great spaces to relax with many couches and bean bags. Good breakfast. The staff is very helpful with things to do around the city. Great lockers, great beds, clean bathroom. The upstairs hallway is not air conditioned, however, and can get a little toasty. One more thing: they are a Christian organization and provide bibles (in the dorm and hallways) if that bothers you.

Aoi Hostel, Chiang Mai, Thailand
14th Apr 2015

Cute place! I enjoyed the 4 bed dorm, it's really comfortable. I wish there were more bathroom facilities though (there are only 2 bathrooms). And for the 4 bed dorm, you either have to go upstairs or downstairs. Breakfast is basic, but appreciated. I met some cool people here, hopefully you will too. :)

A Little Bird 2 Guest House, Chiang Mai, Thailand
6.6
13th Apr 2015

Somehow there weren't enough lockers for me? So I didn't get a locker. But the staff was friendly and allowed me to keep my valuables at the desk. There isn't much space to hang out to meet people. There's only one toilet for the 10 girl dorm. The hostel is located in a commercial shopping center which is a little strange, but other hostels are located there a well. I liked the staff, but the dorm was completely bare bones.

Sunshine Bedz KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3rd Apr 2015

This place is spectacular - I felt at home here. I met some amazing people. The staff creates a warm, fun, friendly environment. They are so helpful with EVERYTHING. You don't even have to ask. They'll offer their advice and it's great! The location is phenomenal! So close to the subway. Currently there's construction so you just need a little practice at first to navigate, but it's no strain after that. Enjoy!

Five Stones Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
29th Mar 2015

I loved this place! Everything so so organized! I loved the people I met here. The breakfast includes cereal and milk!! :) the staff is really helpful and it seemed like they were cleaning a lot! So many resources for you to use and even a TV and dvds if you want to relax. Really cozy bed! I didn't want to leave. Thank you thank you!

Old Penang GuestHouse, Penang, Malaysia
18th Mar 2015

Beautiful building with great character! It has a nice sitting area (inside and outside). There is always a friendly staff member at the desk. They are happy to lend you things you might need. Clean bathrooms and clean comfy rooms! I've been recommending this place to all travelers I meet who are heading toward Penang. Love Lane is a great location! Thanks, Old Penang Guesthouse!

Shiralea Backpackers Resort, Koh Phangan, Thailand
1st Mar 2015

Thank you Shiralea staff! They were so helpful and genuinely friendly. I was always greeted with a smile and promptly served. They gave me great advice for my next destination as well. The beds were clean and include a locker with a lock. The bathroom facilities were great. I loved that I could take a shower in a big stall with a place to put my clothes. This is probably in the top 5% of hostels I have stayed at. If I return to Phangan, I'll stay there again!

Thanks for sharing with the world your experience at Shiralea. Hearing that you ranked us high of the list of place you have stayed makes me feel that we are on to a winner. When building the hostel we placed alto of emphasis on comfort and privacy. Were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope that you make it back again soon. Until then Sabi, Sabi Shiralea

Udee Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
20th Feb 2015

Great access to DMZ and Bang Su Station. I'll stay again! ♥

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
HI-Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand
17th Jan 2014

The guesthouse was very clean and modern! We loved our room. The bathroom was nice and clean. We even had a little balcony. It is so close to the subway - very convenient. This was the best place we stayed in Thailand. The staff was extremely helpful. We arrived late at night and they stayed up to check us in (with advance warning of course). Thank you for a great stay!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Sep 2013

The staff was very nice and accommodating! They had great recommendations for places to go and were very helpful in finding information about the bus schedules, etc. The rooms were very nice, some of the nicest hostel rooms I've stayed in. I could tell their standard for cleaning was very high. I liked that the showers had their own separate room. I wish the roof were open past ten, but I understand that the noise level would be inconsiderate of the neighbors. I wish the common area was bigger.

Thank you very much for staying with us!! We will try to discover new recommendations for places to go! We look forward to see you again!

• USA, Female, 18-24
Indy House, Busan, South Korea
16th May 2013

The hostel is very clean and the staff is excellent. The kitchen and common room facilities are great. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Our room was very nice with extra touches such as night lights and a private bathroom. I would happily stay here again.