• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
Hostel Terra da Luz, Fortaleza, Brazil
4.6
1st Jul 2014

We stayed in Fortaleza for a World Cup match and this hostel exploited the situation in the grossest possible way. They had poorly constructed 'triple' bunkbeds being cramped in a closet of a room. Have you seen the movie Stepbrothers...the scene where they want to make bunkbeds? Well, this is worse. They took normal twin beds and triple stacked them so there was no room at all to get in and out of the beds (poor person at top was so close to ceiling there was no air to breath!).

365 Inn, Beijing, China
30th May 2013

Great hostel, very nice and helpful staff and EXCELLENT location. Helped us tour the great wall. I went with my dad and it was perfect, didn't feel like a 'youth' hostel persay as there were people of all ages there. Would love to stay here again!

Han Tang Inn Hostel, Xi'an, China
6.6
28th May 2013

The staff were not rude, but they were definitely not friendly. all the other places I stayed in China, the staff were very helpful and made me feel like they didn't mind it when I asked for help, questions, things to translate and write down in Chinese. Whenever I asked someone for help, they behaved like they could not be bothered. They didn't bother to say anything when I checked out...not a goodbye, not a thank you, nothing. I would not stay here again as I felt very unwelcome. Poor service!

26th May 2013

Staying in the rice terraces was one of the highlights of my trip! The hostel was in a great location...in tiantouzhai village, away from all the tourist hustle and bustle and right at the edge so you could walk outside and get a magnificent view of the terraces. From my window I could see everything and was able to see the sun rising over the peaks. The staff were so nice and helpful, assisting my with booking a hotel, writing down translations and giving information about transport. Wonderful!

The Cosy Garden, Yangshuo, China
24th May 2013

Great hostel with very friendly and extremely helpful staff. They helped me to arrange transport, activities and other things to do. They even gave me bananas the morning I had to leave since their breakfast service was not open yet. I would stay here again if I am ever back in Yangshuo. The location is great because it is walkable to town in about 15-20 minutes but is still in the countryside so all you can hear at night are frogs, birds and crickets. The food served their is delicious. Great!!

Thanks :) Glad the bananas helped you on your way. The sounds of nature are indeed a beautiful thing for a good nights sleep. enjoy the rest of your travels!