Downtown-Lodge

Grindelwald, Switzerland

Overall I enjoyed my stay here but beware if you are staying in the dorms. They have ONE bathroom and ONE shower for over 25+ beds in the evening (after 9pm). So waiting in line for the toilet or shower can get really annoying. Otherwise, they advertise pizza and fondue if you order before 6pm which sounds like a great idea.. however I tried on two occasions and was unsuccessful each time.

I ended up extending my stay because I needed a break from the go-go-go of travel life. The hostel is well located, clean, great wifi and the staff are awesome. The only down side is that 80% of the people that stay here are Asians and I was not prepared for that... evidently this hostel is a "must go to" in Asian guide books so they all come here. But if you want to spend time with more english speakers go to Balmers. Otherwise this is an awesome hostel!

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

One of the better hostels I've been to! Great staff, good location, wifi works most of the time and the kitchen is well stocked. Will certainly be back if i'm in Seville!

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Absolutely awesome hostel with so much going for it. The common areas are great and the dinners are fantastic. Good food and great entertainment! We had flamenco one night, mimes another, and in general the atmosphere was excellent! The only down side was the room I had (212) had broken airconditioning which is fine but opening the windows to an interior corridor that smelt of sewage was quite off-putting. The staff did try to fix it but couldn't so they gave me a small fan which helped some...

Annecy Hostel

Annecy, France

This is a great little hostel that really grew on me. I normally stay in larger hostels so that I have a better chance of meeting interesting people (I am traveling solo) but I met quite a few fun and interesting people here! They are renovating the backyard to have a huge patio with outdoor kitchen, dining and seating areas... this will be amazing when done. The only awkward thing was that the owners used this hostel as a meeting/dining place for friends and family which was unprofessional.

We are glad you enjoy your stay. The construction is still going on and should be finished by the end of June. As for the fact that friends and family hang out at the hostel, it is part of the charm. This is a family hostel own by 2 brothers. Parents are often here to help us out. Same thing for our friends. We do all the construction work by ourselves and their help is really appreciate.

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

Probably the best hostel I've been to! The atmosphere is great, rooms clean, wifi is the best I've had in months, the terraces are fantastic, and I was lucky enough to be included in the owners wedding party that took place in the basement! Now that's an adventure you don't get to be a part of often! If in Milan again I will certainly stay here.

Ostello Gallo D'Oro

Florence, Italy

I'm not sure why this hostel is ranked so high but it was ok. There is only one male room and the rest are female. The bathroom is a hack job with the shower that is clogged, toilet that looks like it came from the 70s and some amazing plumbing for the sink. The staff that work at the front desk are awesome. Make sure to grab dinner because the chef is great! Beware of the other guy that works in the restaurant he made everyone feel uncomfortable and was trying to makeout/feel up guys and girls.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Great place to spend a few days. Very easy to meet people party through the night. The breakfast in the morning was awesome too! Travelers beware... if you want to catch up on some sleep this is not your place. People getting back in and hooking up at 5 in the morning kept me up 3 of the 4 nights I was there.

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

Only spent a night here and wasn't too impressed.The shared bathroom had a broken shower door and was quite nasty. Wifi was hit or miss and the common area was quite small so there wasn't too many people to mingle with. But the staff was awesome!

Seven Hostel

Sorrento, Italy

This hostel was great! Clean, great beds, good food in the restaurant and an awesome roof top patio! I spent a lot of time up there taking in the views and simply enjoying life. It is a good hike from the Sorrento port so if you are considering doing that then be ready to work for it. Otherwise will certainly go again!

Hotel Bussola

Capri, Italy

This was an awesome experience and I will certainly come back if given the opportunity. The only down side is that I didn't do much research in how to find the place before getting there. (I thought google maps would help but this time it was no use!) The roads are tiny and difficult to navigate but after 1.5 hours of wandering around I found it! The staff were amazing and very welcoming. Breakfast was good and cheap. I couldn't have asked for anything else!

Sul Porto

Cinque Terre, Italy

I was really looking forward to spending 4 nights here in Cinque Terre but unfortunately I only was here for one night. I stayed in the dorm which had 8 beds and the accommodations were fine except for the lack of cell phone reception (which I need for work emergencies so I carry 2 phones with different providers). Talking with the woman was ok and I thought we could work something out... but then a man (her husband maybe) got into an unreasonable yelling match with me. I won't be going back.

Awesome stay in Nice! Stayed in the 5 bed dorm and it was perfect. Wifi was reliable and staff was great! The free walking tour is also a must if you can make it! If I'm ever back in Nice I will certainly stay there again!