Dolce Vita Hostel, Montevideo, Uruguay
7.1
3rd Jul 2013

Cold cold cold in June. Not much hot water. Very nice kitchen. Hostel world says there is a bar but there was not on my brief intro tour. Lounge space is in the basement, not great for meeting other travelers. Staff very helpful with transport bookings. Breakfast very meager. Left after one night.

Hello, thank you for your comment. we are sorry you did not feel very integrated with the other travelers while you were with us. Not all nights are the same in a hostel... We hope to see you again :)

Unplugged Hostel Pocitos, Montevideo, Uruguay
3rd Jul 2013

Nice place kind of far from downtown but close to beach (in winter not much use though!). Staff were friendly but at night the bar was divided into staff hanging out together and guests in their own group, I felt a bit like I was intruding. Breakfast sufficient. Kitchen was stocked pretty well. Asado was tasty and cheap! A good place to meet other travelers.

Che Lagarto Hostel Colonia, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
7.7
1st Jul 2013

Staff very nice. Hostel is small. Backyard would be great in summer. Not much socializing between guests, I think because everyone stays for only one night. No bar. Location very good, between bus/ferry terminals and Main Street--5 minute walk to either. Breakfast was bigger than most hostels!

Terrazas Estoril, Buenos Aires, Argentina
15th Jun 2013

I loved Estoril--originally booked for one night, stayed for three weeks, and I'm going back for two more! Superb staff, fret location, fantastic vibes and cool people from all over the world with all different backgrounds, always clean with hot showers 24/7, beautiful terrace with awesome views of the city. Can't say enough about this hostel! Asado on Thursdays, fun bar scene that doesn't keep the rest of the hostel awake at night. Ask Lisandro to juggle and Sergio to show you some magic!

Books Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2nd Jun 2013

I loved Books! I met so many great people here. The decor is so cool, bathrooms are sparkling with wonderfully hot showers. There were a couple of nonfunctional toilets while I was there but it wasn't really a problem. The 12 bed dorm opens onto the bar so if you want lots of sleep I wouldn't stay in that room. Check out the Sunday night favela party with Felipe and the rio scenario samba bar in lapa if you can!!