Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Adventure Queenstown Hostel

Queenstown, New Zealand

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

A nice hostel in a very good location. I particularly enjoyed the showers! One hangup -- the wifi is free for the first 250 megabites so don't count on unlimited. You'll be spending a lot of your time at the library next door using the wifi there!

Nick's Homestay

Ubud, Indonesia

There was a pretty serious ant problem in my room and I was constantly asking for a broom so I could take care of the problem myself since it wasn't satisfactory. I asked for a car to pick me up at the airport upon my arrival in the early morning and even though it was confirmed, no one showed up. If I visit Ubud again, I would stay somewhere else.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Such an awesome hostel. I met some great people here and really enjoyed all the amenities (swimming pool, pool table, yoga/pilates, movie room). I stayed in both a private room and the dorm and they were very comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone!

Baan Tai - Backpackers

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Had the most fun weekend ever at Baan Tai! I stayed in a private room with two twin beds which were so comfortable, had a huge bathroom with a great shower (tall, too, which is a big plus is SE Asia), was fed some delicious banana pancakes, raged at the Half Moon with everyone from the hostel (great group), and had an awesome time with the staff who were so helpful and went out of their way to make sure everyone was happy and having fun. Can only think of great things to say about this place!

Spicypai Backpackers

Pai, Thailand

Staying here was like being at summer camp -- such a fun atmosphere and you really feel like you're experiencing the real Thailand. Definitely "roughing it" a bit so if you're high maintenance, this may not be the place for you but it's worth it!

Aoi Garden Home

Chiang Mai, Thailand

A great place to stay! The beds are so comfortable and Aoi is lovely and very helpful. I met some great people here that I traveled with for a few weeks and had a great time. Wifi could be improved but that's the only drawback. I loved it here and stayed a week!

Liberty Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

I had a great time here and couldn't love the staff more! They are so helpful, kind and fun, not to mention, they make an amazing banana pancake. I would recommend this place to couples and people traveling together and hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Staff was very welcoming and nice throughout the stay. Breakfast was great. WiFi was average. Beds very hard and I frankly had a hard time sleeping. If you want to go to bed at a decent hour during the weekend, do not stay in the 4-bed dorm because there is karaoke next door and the whole rooms shakes for half the night. I had to sleep in the 8-bed room across the hall for the night because it was so disturbing. Bathrooms are ok, they get messy with so much water on the ground.

HQ Cafe

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Nice place to stay. Staff was very helpful with bookings and arranging taxis, laundry, etc. WiFi was good, location excellent, breakfast minimal but as advertised.

HQ Cafe

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Very helpful staff. Bathrooms were a little messy because of many people showering and the floor is always wet from the shower. WiFi was good and location great. Met some nice people here!

Piece Hostel Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

amazing, beautiful hostel! couldn't ask for a better place to stay.

Hotel MyStays Nippori

Mosaic Hostel

Rome, Italy

Tasso Hostel

Florence, Italy

Incredible hostel, you must stay here! Staff is fantastic, too.

Tasso Hostel

Academy Hostel

Florida Hostel & Hotel

Sorrento, Italy

Florida Hostel & Hotel

Sorrento, Italy

It was awesome to be able to stay in a place that had the facilities of a hotel. The staff was very helpful -- definitely do the boat trip to Capri that they recommend! There were some drainage issues in the shower and a few ants because some of the hostel rooms are on the basement level. Activities such as pizza night, etc. were a nice addition.

I liked that while I was booked in a nine person room, the room was divided with a 3/4 wall with five on one side and 4 on the other so it felt much smaller, in a good way. The high ceilings were great and the variety in breakfast was appreciated! Well cleaned but the shower room got a little messy and I had a problem with the drain a few times.

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

A beautiful new hostel with great staff! I would recommend to anyone staying in Madrid. Olivia was wonderful :)

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Old Centre Hostel

Alicante, Spain

This hostel has an excellent location but I would only stay here again if I was in a group because as a solo traveler, there wasn't much interaction because there is no common space. Also, breakfast was minimal. A pleasant stay nonetheless.

Casa Bombo

Granada, Spain

Located in a beautiful spot where you can watch the Alhambra all day! The pool was a big plus on a hot day and Mateo was great. Would recommend/have recommended to everyone.

Grand Luxe Hostel

Seville, Spain

Grand Luxe Hostel

Seville, Spain

The staff was super helpful -- I had a roommate situation and they went above and beyond to make my stay better. A very nice, modern, new hostel in the center of Seville. I also met great people and would highly recommend it!

Gold Coast

Lagos, Portugal

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Good Morning is fantastic! Everything about my stay was perfect, so much so that I added another day in Lisbon. The staff is so helpful and kind, the facilities are new and clean and the location couldn't be better. I can't say enough good things about this place -- you have to stay there!

Kylie was really great and you can't beat the freshly baked bread in the morning. The rooms are dark and cold so I spent most of my time in the common areas which was good for meeting people. Location is fine but it about a 10 minute way to get to things.

Royal Mile Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great location in the heart of it all and Lisa was very helpful!

Snoozles Hostel Galway

Galway, Ireland

Snoozles was a fine hostel in Galway. It was helpful to be next to the bus station but the street is very loud so bring earplugs. The wifi did not work while I was there which was frustrating because that's how I communicate with those from home. A good option when staying in Galway

Abbey Court