Security was fine. Checked at the front door and keys to rooms. The location was central to many places you can go, but not the best neighborhood by any stretch of the imagination. Staff and Atmosphere were great. Pretty clean, but a little smelly at times. Showers were a little inconsistent on temperature, but tolerable. Overall, facilities were nice. Need better wireless signal and speed.

Lullaby Rambla Catalunya

Barcelona, Spain

The security was fine & the location was on the outskirts of the old city (which is good). The staff were average (friendly but didn't feel like family like some places). The atmosphere I rated Poor first, but up'd to Average, to be fair, since I didn't spend much time there. Bathrooms & my linens were DIRTY & my bedside desk (sticky stains and dirt). The cost was way above what I was getting. Facilities: the light to my room was outside my locked door (weird) and my room felt like a jail cell.

Urbany Hostel BCN GO!

Barcelona, Spain

All in all, probably the second best hostel I've stayed in. Security was great as was the front door staff. The location was only SLIGHTLY outside the main old city, but not terrible to get there (5-10 minute walk); if you're gay, its right in that area, so short walk to go out until 5AM like the other Spaniards. Atmosphere was great/amazing and the bathrooms (in the rooms) felt VERRRY clean as was everything else. Definitely got my bang for my buck. Also, facilities were great; lots of options.

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

The security was fine; the front door only opened via the front desk and the rooms had locks and lockers. The location was a bit far from the main attractions, but only a 15 minute walk (if you didn't get lost...which was due to the city, not the hostel). The staff was great as was the atmosphere with sangria (free) and dinner (cheap) every night. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest I've seen. Value for my money was definitely acceptable and the facilities were decent. I would recommend it.

Room007 Chueca Hostel

Madrid, Spain

All in all, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend it to other people. I rated it "Excellent" in everything except Location, Atmosphere and Facilities which were all "Good". Location is only because it wasn't in the heart of everything (but close). Atmosphere was Good because, while there was a common area, it didn't seem many people were using it. Facilities was also Good because, beyond rooms and one common space, there didn't seem much else. Very clean, great value, great staff

Hostal Miralva

Madrid, Spain

All in all, while I did think my stay here was pleasant enough, it isn't one of the better/best hostels I've stayed at. The security and location were good, but the atmosphere was almost non-existent and the owner was neutral. The bathrooms weren't disgusting but not super either. Overall, I give the hostel an "Average" rating.

Pensione Giamaica

Rome, Italy

Everything was pretty good except the atmosphere as there was much as far as hostel-bonding and meeting new people. Close to train station and Metro, staff was nice and accommodating (except for they wouldn't hold stuff past 1:30 PM). Would recommend in general. Solid enough.

La Pescheria Backpackers

Venice, Italy

Security was alright (entry door never closed all the way), so room lock was only layer of security (no lockers). Location was pretty good (close to Rialto and 10 mins to going out area). Staff was fine, but not spectacular. Atmosphere was absent; same as hotel. Cleanliness was alright. Not super clean, but not noticeably dirty.

Palazzo Sant Ursula

Valletta, Malta

Make sure you have the address as it is not labeled on the outside of the building/can be hard to find. Security-wise, it is pretty secure except if you're on the ground floor, there's a little window people can open from the outside and look in (they can't GET in). Location is mostly good (close to the bus hub), but ,as stated, a little hard to find. Staff is great. Atmosphere is not better than a hotel really. Cleanliness is lacking in bathroom. Value is average and facilities were acceptable.

The location (simultaneously close to the train station as well as the downtown scene) and security (multiple layers) were great. The service and atmosphere were fine, but nothing special (no complaints though). The biggest downsides were the facilities/cleanliness (the bathroom in my 10 bed room was not that great and the shared bathroom on the first floor was filthy), and the value for money (record high hostel prices...I know its Nice which is close to Monaco, but lower the prices a bit).

Greetings from Villa St Exupery. Our business is seasonal, so whereas our prices are high in summer, they are some of the lowest in Nice over winter. All our guests benefit from our excellent services once they are here. Among them are free internet, free breakfast, free pasta dinner in the evening, free Gym, free sauna, €1 beers at the bar, free city walking tour and much more.

Home Lisbon Hostel