Location USA, Gender Female, Age 29

Cheers Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
1st Dec 2016

This is my 2nd time in Turkey and in Istanbul and I don't even think of looking for other hostels. I will keep on staying here. It seriously is the most awesome, fun, welcoming and homey place you can stay in Old Town. The owner Onur and the staff did not blink an eye to do a hot wine night for me and a fellow Cheers veteran to welcome us back there. They will make sure you are taken care of no matter what. Stay at Cheers and you'll gain forever friends in Istanbul.

Castle Inn - Cappadocia, Ortahisar, Turkey
24th Nov 2016

Castle Inn is wonderful and I'm so glad I booked them. Suat and Archie are some of the best hoteliers in the world. The thing is that they treat you as family, not even as a guest. The rooms are huge and clean and the bathroom is even fancier. The bed is firm and warm and the wifi is super fast (they have a separate router for each room there's really no problem of connecting anywhere inside the gates of the hotel). Best part: Suat and Archie are balloon pilots-- they will hook you up!

Travelers House, Portland, USA
30th Sep 2016

I arrived around 5pm and the vibe of the house was really weird. No one wanted to help me, people were just on their phones/laptops and no one was at reception (as was stated in their email). This is not your typical hostel and I knew that reading reviews from Tripadvisor. The house is very clean, though. It's huge and the kitchen and sleeping areas have plenty of space to stash your luggage. My only complain was that it is kind of far from downtown/the main attractions of Portland.

27th Sep 2016

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. I stayed in the 6-bed female dorm and it was relatively cheap knowing that you are literally right across the famous Seattle Public Market. Beside the hostel is a Target for all wine/beer/toiletry needs. There's also a Vietnamese restaurant and a coffee shop in between the hostel and Target. The bathrooms were always clean and the beds were sturdy enough that it never wobbled and I never worried about waking up the person below my bunk.

Pariwana Hostel Lima, Lima, Peru
11th Sep 2015

Lucy is the best! She was so attentive and really made sure I had a nice day and a half in Lima. Helped me with everything! I'll stay again here just for her. As for the location, it's kind of far from downtown Lima but it is nicely situated by the beach and very safe at night (lots of 5-star hotels nearby). It was also very near Huaca Pucllana.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your feedback, we are glad to hear that your experience here was very good. We appreciate that you value the effort that our staff have. We work every day to give you the best service. We hope to see you soon again. Best regards Head of Front Desk & Reservations

Pirwa Puno Hostel, Puno, Peru
7.4
7th Sep 2015

Right by the street so that honking and whistles from the traffic police were still going at 10-11pm. The rooms were super cold and 2 blankets were not enough to get me to sleep soundly through the night. But it was cheap and they had good free breakfast and hot water so that was enough for me.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
8.0
6th Sep 2015

I've only stayed here for 2 nights and it was okay. Nice firm mattresses, huge lockers that have charging stations in them! Couple minutes walk to Plaza de Armas which is great. My first night there, checking in on a Sunday night, the women who checked me in could not care less about me. I know this is a backpackers' hostel and I wasn't being a diva but I was checking out at 6am the next day anyway. All I really wanted was just a smooth transaction and it was a bad first impression.

Dear Guest, thank you for your review, it´s really important you have taken the time to inform us what happened, we want to apologize for the inconvenience that you had with our staff that day, we will be more careful when we help to our guest everyday, your comment help us to improve in our service, we hope you can come back soon to Pariwana, best regards. Front Desk Manager..

Ecopackers Machupicchu, Machu Picchu, Peru
5th Sep 2015

Too bad I was only there for 1 night. The location of this hostel is perfect, it's right there by the river! very close to the bus station for Machu Picchu, literally 1 block away. And the fact that they have breakfast ready at 4am was AWESOME! The people in line at 5am for Machu Picchu were hungry, we weren't. If ever I have the chance to go back to Machu Picchu, I'll stay here again!

Fabrizzios Terrace Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
1st Mar 2015

Great hostel in a quiet building. Closes the terrace too early, though, but no matter, it's in the center of Barcelona and so it's near to Las Ramblas and the clubs/bars there. If you don't want too much noise and happening inside the hostel, this is the place to stay. Eriky and Ana are the best! And I forgot the name of the other person but he was also super nice (and cute)!

Hostel Quetzal, Cancun, Mexico
29th Dec 2014

Party hostel! Love the vibe and the staff, especially July! Free breakfast (Alvino, super awesome cook) and free dinner. Free tequila shot with dinner. Garden/patio area. Rooftop bar and bar in the patio. $2 Corona beers. Lockers. Sheets are washed and beds are made everyday! Clean bathrooms. No hot water, though (well, who needs it? Cancun is hot enough). And best of all, club deals every night. This hostel is for party-loving people and I loved every minute of it!

Hostel Urbano, San Jose, Costa Rica
24th Dec 2014

Super clean and super safe. The locker was right under the bed which was amazing! And right outside was the bus stop to the downtown San Jose area. Could not have asked for a better hostel.

Kimchee Hongdae Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
28th Mar 2014

My first time in Seoul and I wasn't really sure about this hostel but it was cheap and near a train stop so I gambled. Good gamble because I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. This is one of the cheapest hostels I saw during my research and I really just needed a place where I can store my bag and sleep at night (although I ended up not sleeping at all because Hongdae area is a nightlife heaven). The building is kind of hidden and I had to ask for directions a couple of times. This hidden

USA Hostels Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
7th Feb 2014

This was a nice, clean, hostel. Great location-- couple blocks away from the train. There was a bar/club crawl on the night I arrive which I enjoyed, even though I'm not a club-loving person. It felt like I was the only American there but it was fun. The dining area was really small and so I ate at the bar/lounge/gaming area upstairs (I got angry looks from the staff who were cleaning the area at 8am). No matter, I just basically needed a place to store my bag and sleep during the night.

Cheers Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
28th Nov 2013

If you are travelling alone and it's your first time in Istanbul, I don't think you will find another hostel as great as Cheers. I will enumerate the reasons to make it easier: 1.) Value for money 2.) Location 3.) ROOFTOP BAR! 4.) THE AMAZING STAFF!

HI NYC Hostel, New York, USA
17th Oct 2013

Great job! You guys are great and hospitable!