Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome! This place was perfect. It was in a great location really close to the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia. The hostel was clean, well appointed, and the people there were really nice. Breakfast was fantastic! It was served on the rooftop terrace and it was delicious! I would definitely stay here again and was sad when I had to leave. Brilliant trip!

Princess Hotel

Luxor, Egypt

This hostel is cheap and it shows. The bathroom was dirty, as was the room (ants and a cigarette butt). At checkout they charged us 10 LE each for breakfast when the description says that it's free. There was no wifi in our room, and it was slow in the lobby. I don't recognize the description or most of the pictures on this site as being the same hostel. Only good thing was that the staff were friendly and they organized a nice and cheap tour of all the big sites. The 100% reviews must be fake.

Memnon Hotel

Aswan, Egypt

The hotel itself was very nice. It had a great view of the Nile and the rooms were fairly clean and functional. The hotel also organized transportation to Abu Simbel at a fairly good price. But, when we decided to check out early, the staff was very unaccommodating. They couldn't figure out how much to charge us and then, after we had paid and were basically out the door, they had a very loud argument in front of us about how much we should have paid. Then they charged us more.

My Friends

Florence, Italy

I really, really enjoyed staying at "My Friends." The hostel was nice and clean, the facilities were nice, and the breakfast was very good. However, the best part about staying at My Friends was the staff. They were far and above some of the nicest people I have ever met. Elio helped us out a lot by telling us where the best restaurants in the area were (his recs were by far the best meals we had in Italy!) and how to get to the major tourist attractions. It was an all around great stay!

• 29th Apr 2013