Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

This hostel was really cool, being part of a building that is also student accommodation for a nearby university. The location was great (close to the train and bus stations, but not too far from the main attractions like St Mark's Square). The staff were friendly, the beds were comfortable. Only improvements that could be made would be free personal lockers (you have to pay for them) and wifi that you don't have to re-log in to all the time.

• 3rd Apr 2014

DanyHouse

Florence, Italy

DanyHouse is outside the centre of Florence, but it has a cool atmosphere and a really lovely host. There was no lock on our door and no lockers available, which was unfortunate. Jonathan, the owner, was very accommodating and friendly. One in our group was arriving after hours and had emailed to let the hostel know, but still when she arrived she was locked out and had to try three different payphones to get ahold of the owner. That was not so great, but I would still recommend DanyHouse.

• 31st Mar 2014

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

• 30th Mar 2014

The Gallery Hyde Park

The hostel is in a great location, really close to a tube station and right off of Hyde Park. The beds were pretty comfortable and the building is nice, but the bathroom was so dirty. Our sink was clogged (as in if you turned on the taps at all, the water just sat in the basin). One girl staying in our room said that she had stayed there about three weeks ago, and it had been the exact same problem. The bathrooms definitely were not cleaned every day. Pretty good value for London.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Wombats is a huge hostel with a great reputation. The staff were friendly, the wifi was good, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was great. You pay a small free for it, but it was worth it. The only downside was that our room was incredibly warm. We couldn't control the temperature and both windows were jammed, so it felt pretty swampy (for lack of a better word) but, when we mentioned it to the staff, they were super helpful and fixed the window issue. I'd definitely stay her again!

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

Patio was a great hostel in Bratislava. Good location, nice staff, and clean rooms. Free laundry was amazing (though you pay a small fee for detergent). The wifi wasn't working when we were there for the most part, but there are free computers to use. I also liked how there are kitchens on every floor. I would definitely stay here again!

The hostel is quite close to a metro stop and the beds are comfortable, but we weren't too impressed with our stay. Someone stole my bed on the second night and the staff were not super helpful about it, simply telling me to take another (unchanged) bed, giving me new sheets and telling me to throw the old ones on the floor. The wifi was very touch and go and there really wasn't a hostel atmosphere. Not bad for the price but far from my favourite hostel.

Hostel 24

Ljubljana, Slovenia

We absolultely loved our stay at the 24 Hostel in Ljubljana. It was impressively clean, there were individual lockers in the room, there was great wifi, really good pillows, and the staff were so friendly and helpful. It was within five minutes walk of the Old Town, and was super affordable. I'd recommend it to anyone spending some time in Slovenia!

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

I had quite an eventful time in this hostel, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it. It was in a great location (2 minutes from the central train station) and the breakfast was good, but the wifi kept cutting out, the showers were tiny and a bit dirty, the walls were paper thin making it incredibly loud, and my friend couldn't use her lock on the locker provided because the clasp was so small. Ok for a night or two.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

I really liked the Czech Inn. Comfortable beds, lockers in each room, clean showers, helpful staff... However, the directions in the email were useless since there's major construction going on down the tram line it says to take. It took over an hour to find the place (when really it's quite simple) and when I mentioned it to the staff they kind of shrugged it off. Overall a good hostel and a great breakfast, though there is an extra fee. I'd recommend it!

Thanks very much for staying with us and for your feedback. We have updated the directions based on the current situation with the tram line reconstruction and detours. We will do our best to keep it updated as we understand it can be quite tricky. Hope to see you again at Czech Inn.

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

The Lollis Homestay was great for a night in Dresden. Very close to a tram stop and right down the street from a beautiful park. The staff were very cheerful and there were individual lockers in the rooms. No complaints!

PLUS Berlin

Berlin, Germany

I would HIGHLY recommend Plus Hostel to anyone. It's so close to the East Side Gallery and to public transit, with a Lidl (cheap grocery store) across the street and some cute bakeries in the neighbourhood. The staff were very friendly, towels very provided, the wifi was good, the beds are made every day... I don't think we could have done better in Berlin. Loved it!

A&O Hamburg City

Hamburg, Germany

Our room was clearly a hotel room turned dorm. It had great facilities, lots of outlets, and was very clean. It's a huge facility, and we really enjoyed our stay. Definitely outside the city centre, but it is close to an S Bahn stop. I'd definitely recommend it for a night or two in Hamburg.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Durty Nelly's is in a great location and the staff were very helpful. I appreciated the individual lockers and the discounts at the pub. However, I did find it a little expensive.

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Flying Pig is the place to be. Individual lockers are provided, great breakfast (Nutella!), friendly staff, great showers... No complaints. The wifi is a bit weak but that shouldn't make or break your decision. Definitely a party atmosphere.

Charlie Rockets

Bruges, Belgium

Charlie Rockets is a fun hostel in a great location. The bar is cool and I loved the building. However, the luggage room is just a back room that's unlocked, and the slats in our bunk bed broke during our stay.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

The hostel was cute and quite close to a metro stop, which was great since it is a bit outside of the city centre. Strong wifi and good (included) breakfast. No individual lockers, but they do have a storage room you can use. Worked for us!