Khaosan Tokyo Original

Tokyo, Japan

The staff are really nice, but I feel bad because only one person works at a time, so the poor woman who worked when I checked in seemed SO frazzled because so many people were trying to check in/talk to her at the same time. Otherwise the place is nothing special, it has everything you need even if it is on the small size, but it's pretty normal for Japan. Good location too, right by everything Asakusa.

Guest House YULULU

Kyoto, Japan

The hostel at first had a strange feeling at first since it's literally someone's house changed into a guesthouse, but then you realize the shower is incredible, the kitchen is clean and easy to use, and the dorm, while pretty small, still has enough space for everything. Plus the two guys who own the place play great oldies and they're super nice, always trying to help. I would recommend this place to everyone!

Comfortable beds, great common area, and a super helpful staff made this one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The hot shower is timed which can be a bit annoying but it's still a good shower so I can't complain. Would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed staying our hostel:) We really hope to see you again soon.

Hue Amazing HomeStay

Hue, Vietnam

You're literally living in this woman's house when you get to this hostel. The internet works well and there's only one bathroom for the dorm, but you can use the downstairs one too. It was far enough away from the bars that it was quiet, but close enough that you could go hit them up if you wanted. Really simple, nothing special.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The two people who run this hostel are just incredible - they're so friendly and helped me book everything I needed while I was staying there. The place is spotless, and the breakfast is really delicious and has variety which is pretty rare for a freebie! I would recommend this hostel a ton to anyone. I stayed in the dorm which was a really tight space - I hit my head a lot on the bunks :( and there's no wifi in that room. Otherwise, great!

Khoi Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The alleyway where this hostel is is really hard to find - I walked past it twice before noticing the hostel signs down the way because it's behind this little fresh market. However, the staff are very nice and the dorm room is really spacious, it was the first time I felt like I could spread out in a while! The breakfast is a nice touch, I would've stayed here again but they were all booked up.

Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This hostel was great for me who was only in KL, and only there for a short time - plenty of good bathrooms, comfortable beds and clean towels, and a simple free breakfast. It was easy to meet some of the other people as well, but when I was there the people and the staff were all pretty quiet and kept to themselves. Also the internet REALLY lags at night when everyone is checking their emails at the same time hahah.

Alobar1000

Kathmandu, Nepal

Despite some problems with the hot shower and electricity (this is Nepal, after all!) I really loved this place. The staff make you feel super comfortable and you really get to meet other travelers. That rooftop restaurant is just awesome! They were also helpful in figuring out what trek I wanted to do for later on in my trip and they do have some great offers at their travel desk.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

I loved this hostel - a friend recommended it to me after staying here before, and it was definitely worth it. The staff is very friendly, and the hostel itself is clean and really nice. It is a bit hard to find, the Sihome street is a little off a ways, but it's right near center city so it works out.

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The only problem with this place was that the showers were in rooms with the toilets, so if anyone took a shower in there everything was wet. Otherwise, the staff was super helpful and the food tour was definitely worth it. Breakfast was good, but weekend breakfast was amazing.