Great for the money. Convenient location (right by a tube stop, maybe a 3 block walk), a more than adequate included breakfast (hard to find in the UK), security (free lockers), clean bathrooms, and privacy (curtains around each bed so you feel alone even in a 20-bed room)... Stay here if you're looking for a safe, comfortable, clean place to come back to. I didn't find it to be very social, but I didn't hang out at their bar or make much effort.

Hello! thank you for your feedback: we are happy to understand you had a good stay at Palmers Lodge. Next time, come down to the bar? restaurant and enjoy a good chat with other guests orthe staff. see you back someday!

YHA Grasmere Butharlyp Howe

Lake District, England

Clean, great kitchen, perfect location (so close to beautiful walks/hikes - just ask the staff for maps). Wifi only available for a fee - don't pay! Just go to the cute cafe down the main street. Almost only older visitors (40-60). I shared a room with snoring ladies and slept terribly. Convenient/clean/safe place to stay but do not come for the atmosphere if you're young.

The Monkeys in the Trees

Kind of expensive for where it was located. Had to take the tube and a bus and walk a couple blocks to get there... Got old after doing it only twice. There are NOT enough bathrooms and they have an inch of water on the floor at all times. The line was crazy. Breakfast & wifi were good. I had to charge my phone outside our room because there weren't enough plugs. Felt friendly (met good people) & had a good breakfast but overall not worth the inconvenience.

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

One staff member was unkind. Either he was making us feel stupid or looking us up and down. Never had that experience at a hostel before - we're an easy-going pair. Pretty far away from the action. Bathroom system is ridiculous, as I was locked in the bathroom from the outside. In short, wouldn't ever stay here again.