Good location, round the corner from massive club Weekend but if you're a guy group, befriend some girls to go with otherwise you're not getting in! The hostel is nice and shared bathrooms are actually very good ones not dirty like other hostels. Hostel even has own bar and club! Only complaints is not allowed to bring alcohol into rooms at hostel plus some random cleaner came in morning to clean our sink when we were asleep and woke us up! But I would stay here again.

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Definitely the best hostel of our holiday. The place was really good, next to Sloterdijk station (with useful tram and bus links) and staff really helped with what to do and where to go. We were matched with lovely English people. Bar downstairs, lovely people at the hostel. You can come and go whatever time of night. Plus the bathroom and toilet were clean, something I can't say about other hostels. You will feel like you're staying in a hotel

Hi Daniel, Thank you very much for your nice comment! It's always great to hear that our guests have enjoyed them selves. We hope to welcome you again in Amsterdam or any of our other Meiningers! :) Warm regards from sunny Amsterdam

Barcelona Homes

Barcelona, Spain

The owner just sits at his computer and effectively ignore you (when he is even there). The bathrooms aren't the cleanest and you have to hold up the shower head. The kitchen is a disgrace, you must eat out for all meals but you can store stuff in the fridge, although other guests don't understand the allocated fridge shelves. The fan barely worked. Last day cleaning, he wouldn't let us use the bin to clean and expected us to take all rubbish down 4 floors, and the lift barely works.

Apartament Rambla Poble Nou

Barcelona, Spain

It was an absolute disgrace. This was the worst excuse of a hostel I have come across. Either there was no wifi or the owner would not give us it, there was no hot water and the room was absolutely boiling, there was a "fan" which did not work except for making a large noise. The place was filthy and the bed was so hard that my back felt more comfortable against the wall sleeping sideways on the bed than lying on my back on the bed. Let's just say there was a reason this was the cheapest hostel!