I really wanted to like this hostel. But there were some basic things that I disliked about the hostel. They consistently ran out of food for breakfast. Breakfast was open from 7:30 to 9:30 and featured a decent spread (croissants, baguettes, cereal, various drinks), but by 9 a.m. much of the food was gone. I also wished that wifi was available in the rooms. This is supposedly to create a social lobby atmosphere, but it resulted in a crowded area where everyone was trying to check Facebook.

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Overall a good hostel to stay at. Very central. Rooms were clean. It would have been nice to have had a calm quiet area to relax (other than the bar or rooms), but I knew that going in.

Elifstar Cave Hotel

Goreme, Turkey

Overall, I really liked Elifstar. The staff were helpful, the location was good, and the price for the dorm rooms was excellent. I wish there had been a place in the dorms to lock up valuables. It wasn't a problem for us (nothing was stolen), but it would have made me feel a little more secure. But then, for the price it was really great.

• 17th May 2013

BellaMaritimo Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

The staff here were incredibly friendly and helpful in orienting us to the important sight-seeing destinations. I really enjoyed spending time in their courtyard for breakfast or a relaxing evening over a bottle of wine from Sirince. Very much enjoyed my stay here.

• 22nd Apr 2013

Artemis Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

• 20th Apr 2013

Guzel Izmir Oteli

Izmir, Turkey

Guzel Izmir Oteli is in an area of Izmir with a lot of little hotels. It's convenient for being very close to the train station and several bus companies. It's also possible to walk to the coast (about 20 min.) and see some of the sights along there. The staff spoke excellent English and were helpful when we asked questions about the area or getting around. Overall, it was a good hotel. Enjoyable, and I'd stay there again, but nothing in particular to rave about.

• 19th Apr 2013