Grand Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
23rd Sep 2015

Room007 Ventura Hostel, Madrid, Spain
10th Apr 2015

Great hostel in the city center. Staff were very helpful in making sure I got to see most of Madrid's highlights in my short visit. I also appreciated the 24 hour desk service as Madrid is quite the party city. The room itself was a little untidy, but I think that was mostly due to the other travelers staying in my room not the hostel management. In general, a very pleasant stay.

Dear traveller, We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we always try to help you as much as we can so you can take advantage from all the good things you can do in Madrid. About the tidiness, we work hard so everything is clean for you in the rooms but it always depend on how lucky you are with your room mates; anyway, try with our smallest rooms next time. Hope to see you soon! KR ROOM007 STAFF

The Hat Madrid, Madrid, Spain
8th Apr 2015

This hostel seems to be very well-managed. It's at the heart of the city center and seems quite popular. Highly recommended. My one suggestion is to update the directions to the hostel on hostel world. If I remember correctly, they list nearby attractions, but not necessarily the best routes for getting to/from the airport/train station etc. I didn't have trouble finding it, but it's a small improvement to consider.

Affittacamere Ghega, Trieste, Italy
7.7
26th Jan 2015

This hostel is very close to the train station and is within easy walking distance of the center of Trieste. My impression is that most guests stay for a quick stopover and not very long, for which this hostel is just fine. You should know that it's one of those hostels that may charge for lots of little things (towel, breakfast, late check-out or check-in, etc.), though the charges are posted clearly. The other downside is that the internet was terribly slow and only available from the lobby

GuestHouse Amici Miei, Florence, Italy
19th Jan 2015

Mathieu was very welcoming and helpful when we first arrived. It's a very small B&B. There is breakfast, though it's just pre-packaged snacks and drinks (a good start, but we supplemented with our own food, too). It's located very close to the train station, which is nice, but it's also on a rather busy road, so the traffic noise at night was pretty noticeable. Wifi worked fine.

Hostel Mosaic Central, Rome, Italy
16th Jan 2015

The woman at the front desk (I forgot her name) was extremely helpful in getting us oriented in Rome and giving us several good tips for site-seeing. The facilities were comfortable. The internet didn't quite reach our room and couldn't handle the morning rush from guests, but they had computers in the lobby that worked fine.

7.1
23rd Jan 2014

I really wanted to like this hostel. But there were some basic things that I disliked about the hostel. They consistently ran out of food for breakfast. Breakfast was open from 7:30 to 9:30 and featured a decent spread (croissants, baguettes, cereal, various drinks), but by 9 a.m. much of the food was gone. I also wished that wifi was available in the rooms. This is supposedly to create a social lobby atmosphere, but it resulted in a crowded area where everyone was trying to check Facebook.

Durty Nellys Inn, Amsterdam, Netherlands
19th Jan 2014

Overall a good hostel to stay at. Very central. Rooms were clean. It would have been nice to have had a calm quiet area to relax (other than the bar or rooms), but I knew that going in.

Elifstar Cave Hotel, Goreme, Turkey
17th May 2013

Overall, I really liked Elifstar. The staff were helpful, the location was good, and the price for the dorm rooms was excellent. I wish there had been a place in the dorms to lock up valuables. It wasn't a problem for us (nothing was stolen), but it would have made me feel a little more secure. But then, for the price it was really great.

BellaMaritimo Hotel, Pamukkale, Turkey
22nd Apr 2013

The staff here were incredibly friendly and helpful in orienting us to the important sight-seeing destinations. I really enjoyed spending time in their courtyard for breakfast or a relaxing evening over a bottle of wine from Sirince. Very much enjoyed my stay here.

Artemis Hotel, Selcuk, Turkey
20th Apr 2013

Guzel Izmir Oteli, Izmir, Turkey
8.0
19th Apr 2013

Guzel Izmir Oteli is in an area of Izmir with a lot of little hotels. It's convenient for being very close to the train station and several bus companies. It's also possible to walk to the coast (about 20 min.) and see some of the sights along there. The staff spoke excellent English and were helpful when we asked questions about the area or getting around. Overall, it was a good hotel. Enjoyable, and I'd stay there again, but nothing in particular to rave about.