Reviews: ctutakiewicz2127

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great breakfast and helpful friendly staff. Hostel is a little outside the main attractions but the walk is fine (weather permitting).

Thank you for your comments they are greatly appreciated, We would like to make clear that the hostel is only a brief 15 minutes walk to the old town and Edinburgh Castle (the bus takes 5 minutes). Anyone who comes to stay with us will be offered a map and information including 'the short cut' into the old town.

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

This is my second stay with Sir Toby's would should be indication enough that this is an amazing hostel. The first time around I stayed during the busy season but even in off season there is plenty to do inside this hostel and out. The staff is incredibly helpful, wifi is strong, great breakfast, hostel is clean. The location is 3 tram stops outside of the Powder Gate, I prefer this set up as you aren't in the hustle of the city and get to stay in an authentically local neighbourhood.

The Monk's Bunk Kaunas

Kaunas, Lithuania

Hostel was centrally located, had all the amenities and very good security. I only stayed for two nights and was exhausted but the hostel owner tried to engage me with other travelers so I didn't isolate myself, really appreciated it! It's a great little hostel so you can really get to know the other people staying there. Would recommend anyone going to Kaunas to stay here =)

Excellent location, seconds to old town. The hostel was clean, staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a great place to meet people but fair warning if you aren't in for a party you may consider staying elsewhere. The only downside is the kitchen/eating area is quite small but everyone is very friendly and it really isn't that big of an issue.

The Monk's Bunk

Tallinn, Estonia

Great location and amazing staff, that give really good recommendations. Clean hostel, easy to find, and good wifi. The kitchen facilities are worth noting as this was the BEST kitchen I've had in any hostel, two massive fridges, stoves/ovens, microwaves, coffee and tea pots and even a blender! Would recommend everyone stay here.

The directions on how to get to the hostel were in German on this site, when we eventually found English ones they were so difficult to understand we ended up taking a cab. The room we stayed in was not very clean, and did get quite hot (don't care about no a/c but no fan, c'mon) (wifi also did not reach the 4th floor). It is about 8 min walk from a sbahn train stop but far from the city center. It is very expensive for what was offered in my opinion. Would not stay here again.

Hostel Makarska

Makarska, Croatia

Have only the best to say. Location is amazing (2 minute walk to the main strip/beach). Staff is very friendly, they reccommend amazing places to see and things to do. They have strong wifi, a kitchen, laundry and a great outdoor area making it very easy to socialize. The rooms and bathrooms are always spotless and above all that, they have the friendliest dog! Very easy to find and very hard to leave (you will fall in love). I will miss Makarska and this hostel and can't wait to come back!

Thank you so much for a nice review. Hope to see you again some day! All the best! ;)

Situs Hostel

Split, Croatia

Although a little tricky to find at first this hostel is very close to the centre of town. The owner is hilarious and very helpful about good restaurants and generally avoiding tourist traps (as it was high season we really enjoyed this). The hostel itself is clean, has a/c (great bonus), wifi that is strong and a full kitchen for disposal. I would definitely stay here the next time I am in Split, it felt like I was staying with family.

Minoo House

Budapest, Hungary

Hostel had a lot of charm and owner was very nice and helpful. Rooms are very spacious, great kitchen/cooking facilities and it's a clean hostel. Very centrally located and if you ask the owner, she has amazing details and stories about Budapest. The only negative would be the square it's around (gets loudish at night, but with earplugs it's no problem). I genuinely can't wait to see when the House is completed as it looks like it will be amazing!

Free laundry, linen and good wifi are always a bonus. This hostel is in an amazing location. However, two things to note, the bathrooms more specifically showers were not very clean during our stay. Also, the rooms get extremely hot, I know it's not a hotel, it's budget accommodation but even a fan would be appreciated. More plugs in the room would be a great bonus, I know it's an old building but 1 plug for 8 people gets complicated. Overall I would stay again.

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry for any complications but we try to do our best. I hope that you will come again. :)

Although it's a little outside the center, the walk is quite nice with lots of shops on either side; not a big deal. The bar is awesome and always busy, the rooms were clean, fresh sheets, breakfast was good although I would recommend extending breakfast times. We had a roommate with mental issues and when approached staff they were extremely helpful and did everything to make sure we were comfortable and happy with the situation. Great place to stay, aside from location, it's perfect.

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The best place to stay in Prague. Has very clean rooms, hostel is quiet at night, very kind and knowledgeable staff, great events every night (Free BBQ Fridays). Wifi is consistent throughout the hostel which has some amazing Czech artefacts. It is about a 20 minute walk/7 min tram into town which keeps it having Czech charm and not a lot of tourists in the area. Sir Tobey's is the best hostel I've ever stayed in and I reccommend it to everyone going to Prague.

Old City Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

Only good things to say! Lovely staff, very clean rooms, easy atmosphere to meet people, staff give great reccomendations for bars/restaurants. Even the 16 bed dorm is quiet (even when full) and has a lovely terrace balcony. The common room is a welcoming place, has a guitar you can play, wifi is always strong, building has an elevator. Bathrooms were always clean and the hostel even does your laundry for free! Amazing, this is the only place you should stay if you are in Lviv!

Very clean, big rooms with lockers that fit your whole bag, good security and staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast not included and is 5eu (pricey but not bad). The hostel is a 5-10 min walk to Alexanderplaatz. Wifi is in every room. Only downsides, the fans don't work that well and it was about 37 deg in Berlin (very hot in the rooms) and it isn't too easy to meet people. Overall a lovely place in a great neighbourhood.

Location is the only problem but between the awesome shuttle drivers and the frequent trams it's no big deal. The staff is hilarious and helpful (every hour of the day), very easy to meet people, very clean and big rooms (9 bed dorm was very spacious), gardens are beautiful and the bar/breakfast/kitchen are built into an old church. It rained 2 out of 7 days that we stayed and the staff found us rain day activities, but we wouldn't have minded just hanging in the common room. Highly recommend.

The location is shady but easy to connect to the main city, breakfast is very light (not filling at all) and kitchen facilities are a few hot plates and microwave. They try and make a welcoming environment but it's not easy to meet people. It is clean but the rooms (4 bed dorm) are quite cramped. I used it to discover Paris, spent little time in the room, if you intend to do the same then stay here.

Pros: clean, decent breakfast and good location Cons: no wifi in rooms, staff was unknowledgeable of city activities/bus schedules etc Overall good location for cost but nothing special.

HI Europa Brugge

Bruges, Belgium

Positive: clean and plenty of breakfast Negative: no character, difficult to meet people, staff wasn't very helpful, push showers were annoying Overall, a good place to sleep but not to meet people. 5/10.

Amigo Hostel Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Amigo hostel was a good experience. Location is ideal with a 24 hour bus running to the city center (for the party crowd). Caza who is the co-owner speaks 6 languages is extremely helpful with tips around the city, offered a discount to a couple who couldn't afford the room at regular price, was patient with a drunken fool who pulled a fire alarm and even stored stuff in the staff fridge. Best hostel staff in my experience with Caza, Sultaan is Still nice but Not as patient or helpful.