Equity Point Lisboa

Lisbon, Portugal

After two months in hostels this was my favourite - the place looks awesome, great common areas, easily accessible to all the sites and train stations, wifi in the rooms, kitchen for cooking, lots of chill fellow travellers and the staff were FANTASTIC. We had been having some travel problems along the way and the staff went above and beyond to help us deal with our situation. Definitely recommend everyone stay here. Can't thank you enough - Anisha and Michelle

Equity Point Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

In such a hot country the swimming pool here is key, decent breakfast, the staff are very friendly in putting together trip itineraries for you in the desert, and the rooms are pretty decent and have private bathrooms. Really enjoyed this hostel, which is gorgeous and very well decorated! Definitely recommend it!

Riad Inna

Essaouira, Morocco

My friend and I just stayed one night here, and at first really enjoyed the room and the staff were pretty friendly. However, our experience changed drastically when we woke up with BED BUGS all over our bodies. We told the staff and they were not concerned or even acknowledged that they gave us bed bugs, when it was obvious. I don't think they professionally cleaned that room. Our next hostel in Lisbon helped us with our situation and paid for the 80E in laundry that was Riad Innas responsibity

Riad Verus

Fez, Morocco

Yousseff, the manager of the hostel is a very hard worker and goes above and beyond to accommodate everyone, which is much appreciated. The hostel is gorgeous and has a lovely rooftop terrace with couches. I would not recommend, however, some of the hostel organized activities - we did the hammam and definitely over paid what it should have been worth for a local and authentic moroccan experience. Overall this was a good hostel to stay at.

Generator Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel is really cool and very well decorated. The attached restaurant is also very tasty. For the most part we had a positive experience at this hostel, until I had my Ipad stolen over night from the room. At first the staff at reception were rude and unhelpful, and very unsympathetic to my situation which was upsetting. Only a few hours later and speaking with a different staff member did I get some help in tracking down who was in my room and emailing them.

Apartamentos Balansat

Ibiza, Spain

This was our first "hotel" experience after a month of travelling, and we were surprised to find the worst customer service. They were understaffed and we had to wait over an hour to check in at 11pm, when were in a rush to make it to concerts that night. They also blatantly stated that they didn't value our business as students booking for a couple nights vs. families coming in large group and staying for a week and spending more. Location is 40 euro cab away from clubs and san antonio.

Youth Hostel Meetingpoint

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The most annoying part of this hostel is there are no plugs in the rooms to charge devices - asides from that this hostel has a great location and easy to meet fellow travellers at the bar downstairs. The staff were pretty helpful and I recommend this hostel.

Schlafmeile Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great kitchen area for making meals, and the summer staff were really nice. Pretty decent hostel, only downside is you have to metro to go anywhere, its way too long a walk to get into the center.

Hostel Ana

Split, Croatia

Lockers didn't work, kitchen wasn't clean enough to cook, showers in the six bed female dorm were cold

Dubrovnik Backpackers Club

Dubrovnik, Croatia

My friend and I had a great time with milka and her family, it was as if I was visiting friends! They were very gracious hosts and always had great activities and tours planned. They were very helpful in picking us up and dropping us off to the bus station, and sharing home made liquors, pizza and snacks everyday. The hostel is very clean and the kitchen facilities were great, we cooked three full meals there. Only ten mins away from restaurants and beaches, and forty minute walk from old town.