Gili La Boheme

Gili Trawangan, Indonesia

A little bit away from the main action, but it does make it more peaceful. The local staff were helpful, but we often waited ages at reception for someone to show up. They ran out of towels, we got a double bed instead of twins and the rental bikes were dodgy. Rent from somewhere on the beach road instead. We used the laundry service, it took an extra day and wasn't well done with some stuff left stained.

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Really liked this hostel, very trendy and great location right in the city centre. The staff are really helpful and friendly. Only criticisms are the breakfast is very overpriced, the showers flood the bathrooms as the shower curtains aren't long enough and they don't mention on hostelworld that you have to pay for your bed linen.

ETZzz Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

In theory this place ticks all the boxes, wifi in the dorms, valuables locker, close to MRT. But it had no atmosphere at all, although I was maybe unlucky to be there at a quiet time.

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

Second time at this hostel and again I love it! Wifi works great in the dorms, big lockers, amazing showers, right next to BTS station and shopping malls.

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I like this hostel for its proximity to the MRT. Wifi works in the dorms. The common room could benefit from being made comfier. All in all good value.

thanks for your valuable comments, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your next visit. Thanks again, Fernloft KL Team

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

I liked that the dorm beds had curtains you can pull around for privacy. 4 bed dorms are very tightly packed in. Walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on downstairs and people walking past in the corridor. The toilet area is right at the bottom of the stairs which means people walking past can hear everything going on in there. Not very private. Staff are friendly and helpful. Good location, Chinatown and Little India right on your doorstep.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great hostel, close to LRT. Free breakfast, free tea and coffee all day, great showers, wifi works well in the dorms. Best hostel I've used in KL.

Suk11 Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Loved this hostel, 5 minutes walk to Nana BTS and loads of bars and restaurants in the area. Free wifi in the lobby isnt the fastest but is ok. Wifi was not available in our room. We had double room, nice big bed, good shower in the en suite bathroom. Would have benefitted from having a security box.

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Loved this hostel. The smiley, happy staff were always a pleasure to deal with and the swimming pool/bar area was great. Could do with another toilet and shower on the 3rd floor, there was a queue in the morning. But that's the only negative I can come up with!

House No.11

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Stayed in a double room. The place is clean and tidy, but not much atmosphere. Great location. Owner is a bit over bearing. No toilet roll provided, I was given a long winded excuse about the plumbing in the building, but it's clearly down to the management being cheap. Bring your own tissues. The bathrooms have see through doors, so don't expect any privacy when using the toilet or showering.

MD House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nice pool, but sun bed mats are mouldy from being left out in the rain. Wifi wasn't great, often crashes and when enquiring if the wifi on the 3rd floor would be fixed was told "it only works sometimes" and that was the conversation over.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Nice to have lockers under the bed but they are not at all secure and someone can easily reach an arm inside them. The dorm stank of smoke and other substances. BBQ was put on one night which was good.

CheQinn

Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed one night while in transit through BKK. Close to BTS and easy to get to both airports. Lots of bars close by, but quiet inside the hostel. Would stay again.

FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Rambuttri Village Inn

Bangkok, Thailand

Cheap single room, actually had a double bed and TV (only 2 English language channels though). Safe in the room. They charged me 600 on hostel world but upped it to 650 when I wanted to stay additional nights. A bit stingy with the wifi codes, only one allowed per day but it can only be used on one device at a time. Good proximity to Khao San road, not too close, not too far away.

Lazy House

Koh Phangan, Thailand

This review is for shenanigans, as I turned up at Lazy House and was told I had made an incorrect booking. I hadn't, they had decided to move me because Lazy House was closed. Would have been preferential if they had just emailed to tell me this instead of putting the blame on me. The main toilets outside in the yard are ok, the one attached to my dorm wasn't very nice. Wifi isn't great, the manager blamed this on my phone, but others were having the same prob on other devices.

As the bathroom in your dorm works fine and is cleaned everyday what exactly are you complaining about ?? yes Iphones and Ipad do seem to have a conectivity problem , My samsung Galaxy connects to the wifi in shenanigans in less than 1 second . Can i suggest you purchase a phone not a fashion statement ! you really were a whiner during your stay , when you wake in the morning try smiling , it starts the day with a positive attitude! better than the negative attitude you spread !

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Loved this hostel, pretty trendy with two lively bars, but the rooms are still quiet. It was low season when I was here so not very busy. Huge lockable drawers under the bed to fit your whole bag in, bring your own lock. Only thing which would improve the place would be to offer breakfast, however there are loads of cafes nearby.