6.3
15th Dec 2016

Noisy and stuffy in winter. Everyone in dorm was inconsiderate and kept making noise or leaving the light on. No atmosphere at all really

14th Dec 2016

Very good for one night. Clean with everything you need

A Wild Elephants Hostel, Bratislava, Slovakia
12th Dec 2016

If you're looking for a social, fun loving place to meet travellers and relax then this is the place! Amazing location, seriously cannot beat. Staff welcoming and friendly with family dinners and pub crawls run every night. Facilities are basic but has everything you need

7.4
10th Dec 2016

Nice hostel for a couple of nights. Was very quiet but it was the off season. Westbanhof is no longer the main train station so it's not as convenient as it would have been a couple of years ago as you have to get the metro across town from the new station. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast a good deal for the price!!

Hello dear guest, thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write this review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed oyur stay. But we also see that you weren't fully satisfied. We hope to improve, even though we did not get any specific critique. Hope to see you again some time. Safe travels! your wombats team

7.7
9th Dec 2016

Good location to lesce- bled train station but this is still 4km from the lake. They drove me to the lake in the free shuttle but I had to catch the bus back. Good rooms but lockers were a bit small so my bag didn't fit. Was there is quite time but not really any atmosphere, felt like I was the only one in the hostel. Was fine for a night, probably would be better in summer.

Vila Veselova, Ljubljana, Slovenia
7.7
7th Dec 2016

Enjoyed my stay here a lot! Was in the 8 bed dorm and it had everything I needed with sockets and lights for each bed. Kitchen was well equipped and social so could meet other travellers. Bathroom were clean and had multiple so I never had to wait. Didn't mind the little walk into town or the longer walk from the station even at night, felt very safe. Would recommend and would stay again.

Swanky Mint, Zagreb, Croatia
4th Dec 2016

Nice hostel and enjoyed my stay. Had female dorm to myself but felt like if it was full there wouldn't have been enough bathrooms. Smelt a little of smoke but I guess that's just Croatia. Reception was helpful and everyone was nice. Only problem is I went on plitvice lakes tour suggested by them where I was only girl and guide acted inappropriately towards me which made me feel uncomfortable. Also wasn't worth the money. Hostel was great but don't go on the lakes tour suggested by them

Dear Laura, First of all, thank you for pointing out all the positive things about our hostel, we are really happy to hear them! Regarding the bathrooms in our hostel, it's true that there is only one bathroom per gender on the upper floor where some of the dorms are. We do understand your concern, but usually there is rarely a problem with taking turns in the bathroom :). Also, we are sorry about the unpleasant smell of smoke, since smoking in our hostel is strictly forbidden the smell might have come from the outside, and that is something we unfortunately can't have influence on. What we are most surprised to hear is the experience you had on Plitvice lakes tour. We wish we had more information from you about the inappropriate way the guide treated you so we can take all the right measures to resolve the situation. Most importantly, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and we will contact the partner company that did the tour just to make sure something like this never happens again. If you ever return to Swanky, we hope you'll have the chance to join our Destination Urban tour, instead of our partner's :). Kind regards!

Avenue Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
30th Nov 2016

enjoyed my stay at the avenue hostel! It's in a residential block entrance and when I arrived late at night I was a little unsure about the dark stairwell but the hostel was bright and new. I stayed in the 8 bed female dorm where the beds were in their own little compartments so it felt like your own little private room. Very secure with key card and big lockers. Only downside was only one bathroom for ensuite room with toilet and shower all in one space. Often had to wait or go to reception.

Dear backapcker, we understand the issue with having only one bathroom in a female dorm, but it is always a good reason to visit our main area and communicate with only more and more people. :) Glad, you wrote us. Thank you again.

Anabelle's Guest House, Bath, England
23rd Jul 2013

Lovely place right close to the train station and the city centre. Staff were lovely and breakfast was amazing. Shared bathroom facilities were great. Room was quite hot but you can't expect much less from England in a heatwave. Room was looking over the road so was a little noisy.

• Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
Arden Park Ensuite Rooms, Stratford-upon-Avon, England
7.1
22nd Jul 2013

The Westgate Hotel, Oxford, England
5.7
21st Jul 2013

Location was good as it was close to the train station but a bit of a walk into the centre of town. we were in the Annex which was a 2 min walk away from the main building. room was adequate with everything we needed but wasn't spectacular. Shared bathroom facilities where not that nice and we didn't use the shower because of this. Was ok for 1 night but wouldn't stay again.

Riad Baraka, Chefchaouen, Morocco
11th May 2013

Was a very nice stay even though it was only for 1 night. the riad is nicely decorated and the terrace in incredible! the hosts were nice and we had everything we needed. was close to everything and easy to find :) would come here again.