• USA, Male, 18-24
London Waterloo Hostel, London, England
22nd Jul 2013

I had to change my booking dates while I was there thanks to a friend returning from a trip offering me his couch. Even with several days warning the staff was not able or willing to change the dates and get me my refund until the day I checked out. I had to sit at the counter for hours to get them to do it. And they badmouthed me under their breath, calling it 'bullshit' even though I had given them 3 days notice! Other than that it was a good place to stay.

• USA, Male, 18-24
Hotel Central, Casablanca, Morocco
20th Jul 2013

Being located in the medina is great, but the annoying local merchant 'guides' tend to hang around the hotel. I don't blame the hotel for that, but people may want a different hotel farther from the ancient medina if they have problems with confrontation like that.