Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

Very nice family that runs this place. Location could have been a little better. But it had a nice common area, and was pretty good overall. Pretty hard to find. Had to ask 3 people while walking around for 25 minutes around Koa San Road. Just have a meter cab take you straight there.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

This place is great. Facilities are nice, beds are big, very clean, and walking distance to night food market. 2 bars, little overpriced, but not bad. Good place to hang.

Siam Hotel

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

This was a great place to stay at. Such a nice break being at an actual hotel after staying in dorms and smaller private rooms. It was a hotel for a dorm price. Extremely clean. 100 meters from a night food market, where I got the best food I've eaten in all of Thailand, and for the cheapest price. 10 minutes from beach and party street.

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This place was decent. Not the nicest overall, but it was the little things that made it good. The bed was small, but comfortable. No wifi in rooms, but staff was helpful. The bathroom facilities were average, but the location was amazing. The location could not be better. Close to street with all local food, close to china town, close to mosk.

Advisor Angkor Villa Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

We never actually made it to this place. They say that they are close to the market and downtown, but we walked for hours and could never find it. We called them once we were finally a mile out of downtown, and had to ask a local to call them and they said "keep going, almost there" and weren't even close. When we called, they just pretended like thy couldn't hear us and kept saying "huh?". There's too many places downtown to waste your money here.

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This place is pretty simple. You get what you pay for. The guy who owns it is pretty chatty, but everything he says is spot on and good info to have. The location is great, just a few minutes walk to night market and river. The room is just a bunch of mattresses on the floor, but they are comfortable, and with a personal fan. Plus, you're not stuck with a top bunk. I'd stay there again. And it was cheap.

It wasn't as nice the second time I stayed there. A little more dirty. My bed had dirt on it and a hair. But they switched out my sheets as soon as I said something. This place is really nice. Great location, great value. Definitely worth staying at. And the common area is great.

Thuy Duong Hotel

Ha Long, Vietnam

Not a very nice place. We had a killer view of the bay, but looking at the building we could see we were the only ones with a view. The restaurant connected to the place was awful. The staff doesn't speak much english. The facilities were poor. And the restaurants next to the hostel tried to scam us on prices. Bay was gorgeous.

This place was great. Worth more than the 5 bucks for the dorm. It was more of a hotel than a hostel. The location is great. Close to food and the park. Worth every penny.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

This place was pretty good. The room was decent. Could have used a little more space for our stuff, but no biggie. The free breakfast was nice, but everything goes pretty quickly. So you have to get up kinda early to get what you want. The location was ok, it was a little far from old town and the beach. It made me want to jut stay at one place or the other, rather than right in the middle. There is a great tailor a couple doors to the left, great family. And the food across the street was good.

Backpackers House

Nha Trang, Vietnam

This was one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed at. To start, there was a horrid smell coming from our room that we could not identify, but it may have been another person in the dorm. The club outside played music so loud it was hard to think. It didn't help that were hungover from the night before, but still. The security was a joke. To bypass the lockers, all you had to do was lift the thin mattress. For cleaning, they just came in dusted off the bed and were "done". Worst $5 ever spent.