Pink Panther's Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Absolutely loved this hostel, one of my favourites throughout my trip through Europe! The staff was extremely nice, there was a free breakfast, and we had a fantastic barbecue hosted by the workers of the hostel, where everyone relaxed, drank and had an amazing time. Turned into a karaoke night and then going out to the local club. The atmosphere was great... it's the place I'll stay if I return to Krakow! Only thing is there was no laundry facilities (although a washer arrived as I left, ha!)

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

The staff would always be talking in a group outside smoking and they'd really make me feel like I was interrupting them (sometimes they'd even finish the convo before acknowledging me). The DOOR of my room was almost impossible to open and you had to really slam into it with your whole body for it to move. Also WiFi NEVER worked, even in the lobby, so I had to either use a foreign "linksys" or use their horrible computers (3 of 5 don't work for Fb, Youtube, or anything really...). Bad hostel.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Value for money: sooo far above excellent. Literally felt like it was a hotel still, and all-you-can-eat breakfast for 1000 HUF (about 4.20$ USD). Also, it's right by the metro station which has ALL THREE metro lines, therefore it's the very centre of the public transport in Budapest. Fantastic stay, and I will definitely come back.

The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

By far the best small hostel I've ever stayed at. The atmosphere is amazing, the staff are extremely friendly and invite you to play board games with them, and love helping people find their way to things around the city. When I was leaving, they were actually sad to see me go. This hostel truly is the coziest. Also, they have free bike rentals, which was very unique, and also Marius, the owner, is a very outgoing, friendly guy! I really enjoyed my stay and honestly would go back to this hostel.

Tapok Hostel

Chisinau, Moldova

Bee Hostel

Odessa, Ukraine

It's a new hostel, very nice, the only thing is that it is very small, so if you're on a budget and looking for a place to just spend the night, it's a great idea. Wouldn't recommend if you plan on hanging out in the hostel, though, because there's not much to do on the inside. But very nice staff who spoke good English!

TIU Front Page Hostel

Odessa, Ukraine

I really liked staying at this hostel! It has a really unique layout and the staff was very friendly. The only thing that really bothered me was that there were signs EVERYWHERE saying things like, "don't spend your time on Crackbook, go outside and play!" kind of dictating what we do with our times abroad, which I found slightly annoying, and also, just in general, annoying signs were everywhere that were trying to be funny but weren't really, just obnoxious.

Obviously we don't dictate how anyone should spend their time abroad. The sign on the computer is only directed at guests who occasionally monopolise the hostel computers which are for all guests to use.....Of course if you want to waste all your time using Crackbook on your own computer...then please do so.

Mini Hostel Kiev

Kiev, Ukraine

Absolutely fantastic small hostel, there are SO many regulars there that continue coming back to Kiev and always choose to stay here. The owner is extremely nice, the workers are very friendly and eager to help out, and also there's balconies on each private room and the dorm room as well, perfect for relaxing with new friends or late-night Skyping.