Sunset Destination Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel is bomb. There's nothing like going on one of Gilberto and John's sweet ass pub crawls and then waking up to fresh pancakes in the morning. Then you can spend the day recovering by their rooftop pool. Taking trips to the beach and sintra are a snap as you are located in the train station. The grocery is also right downstairs making it easy to pick up snacks and booze in a pinch. There's not enough time to tell you why this hostel is rad. Def staying there when I'm in Lisbon next.

• 21st May 2013

Casa d'Alagoa

Faro, Portugal

This was the holiest hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff was so welcoming and took care of all of my needs. The dinner was delicious every night and totally worth 7 euro. The rooms were spacious and clean. The bunks were really comfy, I slept like a baby! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Faro!

Clink78

If you're looking for a tiny room where all the beds are touching each other, you've found you're spot. People hooking up next to you is an added bonus. Bathroom is about the same size as those found in a 747.