Location USA, Gender Male, Age 25

If You Want Hostel Sukhothai, Sukhothai, Thailand
7.4
22nd Jul 2017

It was fine. Full size lockers, ac. Conveniently located for the bus to the historical park. WiFi was weak in the dorms, bathrooms weren't super clean. Staff was decently informed, though had some troubles with questions I had. Seems they have a lot of facilities I didn't have the chance to explore like a movie room etc

Warm White Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
8.0
20th Jul 2017

Stayed in a private room. Sheets were very stained. WiFi didn't work in the room. But generally fine

House of Journey, Penang, Malaysia
6.6
17th Jul 2017

Why have quiet hours if no one observes them? No lockers for large bags, just small lockers. Beds could use curtains. There's a culture of leaving the dorm room door unlocked. Staff were nice but weren't well prepared to answer questions about the town. The shower and bathroom lights were perpetually on wasting energy. I would likely try other hostels before returning here. There must certainly be better hostels in the area.

Thanks for your review. We have provided a good security main door, individual lockers etc, just not understand how to be a good security system. We will definitely concerned about the staff knowledge, but, we don't think the other's you issued. Thanks for your stay. Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey.

Step-Inn Too Guesthouse, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
15th Jul 2017

Yote Flashpackers, Melaka, Malaysia
14th Jul 2017

Amazing place. Yona is the best. I'm really happy I stayed there. They offer fairly priced water. Had a nice dog there too :) they took in two of my friends who didn't have a place to stay late at night. Beds were clean and very comfortable. AC was great. Only two issues: no lockers in the rooms and the wifi was weak. Ill happily stay here again.

River City Inn, Singapore, Singapore
7.1
12th Jul 2017

Large enough lockers. The dorm I was in was separated from another by a fake wall and was really one larger room. The staff wasn't the most friendly I've encountered. They were only ok. Just be aware that in their terms and conditions they state that they will charge you credit card upon arrival when booked through hostelworld. I realize it was my error thinking I could pay in cash but I wish the hostel offered the option. Location is great.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Yes, it has been stated clearly in the T&C that full payment is chargeable to your card prior to arrival. We want all guests to have a pleasant stay with us. Hence, please help by reading the T&C before booking.

At The Top Hostel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6.3
7th Jul 2017

You get the feeling that this is all done under the table and that if the other tenants in the building knew it would shut down. Dubai needs more hostels so that this isn't the bellwether. Pros - Free laundry - Kitchen use - View Cons - Convincing doorman to allow me entry into the apt bld - No atmosphere - Very small converted apartment - Rooms don't have lockers that can fit bags larger than a purse - The bathroom floors were always dirty during my stay - There is no 'occupied' for bathrooms

Bahaus Guesthouse Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
7.7
4th Jul 2017

I had troubles communicating with the day staff. I had lost something in the hostel and the person with whom I spoke during the day didn't help in the ways I had asked. Language barrier perhaps. The rooms are ok. The bathroom was outdated but fine though I didn't really fit in the smallest bathroom :p Roof top terrace is great. Music was weird but perhaps thats better than it being bland. Most everyone I spoke to was automatically upgraded from the 14 bed dorm to a 6 bed dorm for free.

You lost your phone and we suggested going to the officials about it. They needed your phone's imei number which you didn't know so how could we help you. There was no language barrier or not trying to help you- we were unable to help you because you were not able to help us or the officials by giving the info needed. We find this a ridiculous comment.