Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Sir Toby's staff are warm, receptive, helpful, and informative. "Sir Toby's Map of Prague" was an added bonus, with the main highlights of the city featured, a list of helpful locations near to the hostel AND a list of helpful Czech phrases - very neat and incredibly useful!. Despite how busy the hostel was, it is large and spacious enough that I didn't feel crowded by the other guests at all. It's a little out of the way, but totally worth it for the atmosphere. :)

Zen Guesthouse

Budapest, Hungary

The staff are attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. The location is very central which makes it easy to get around town and see the sights. I'm also pleased to say that bed in the dorm was incredibly comfortable (the best I've slept in out of any hostel!) and the area is very well-maintained and kept very clean. For such a low price, you get so much more than what you pay for - I highly recommend visiting!

X Hostel Bucharest

Bucharest, Romania

The staff were only as friendly as they had to be and never offered any helpful advice/talked about the facility amenities without being asked about it...it seemed like they were more into being cliquey with their colleagues than being friendly with the guests. The facility didn't seem too secure either - though they locked off the entrance to the hostel section (a bit inconvenient), from what I could tell the main entrance (nearest to the street) was left open for a good portion of the night.

Sorry to hear you had a mediocre experience with our staff. We try to keep everyone happy but sometimes we miss someone or have an off day. We're working on improving that. Security wise, we lock the convenient door at night so that we keep the one under cctv as the only entrance. Sometimes guests (who refuse to take a key/pay key deposit) leave it propped open for one-another. We close it when we see that. If you stayed more than one night, you would have seen more

Vrachos was AMAZING!! Gorgeous view of the Mediterranean, amazing home-cooked organic food straight from the family's farm, fantastic staff AND less than 5 minutes walking from the hostel to the beach. Worth every penny and more!!! I can't wait to return to my home away from home in Corfu!

Enjoyss

San Sebastian, Spain

I appreciated the central location and the nice staff of this hostel, but it was WAY too overpriced for such poor accommodations. Springy beds and thin blankets are expected of a €5/night hostel, not a €20+/night one.

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

The staff were very friendly and welcoming!! I felt very much at ease during my stay. I just wish the WiFi was available in places other than the main lobby though - a little inconvenient, but not a huge issue.

Backpackers Madrid

Madrid, Spain

The hostel is conveniently located off of Plaza de España and is rather inexpensive. Despite these perks, the private room that I rented smelled of mildew and shared the first floor with a noisy college dormitory that didn't seem to have "quiet hours" (the residents were noisy until 1 or 2 am - music blaring, doors slamming, etc.). The staff wasn't very friendly and the cleaning staff was trying to usher me out before check-out time had even occurred. Perhaps the shared hostel dorm is better.

Muchas gracias por su comentario. Perdónenos, pero cuando usted entró llevábamos dos día en funcionamiento, y algunos servicios no los teníamos ajustados como usted se merece. Su comentario nos ha servido para corregir algunos errores. Si usted volviera, le sugiero que se identifique con este comentario e intentaremos compensarle las molestias sufridas. Muchas gracias.

Dar Sienna

Fez, Morocco

I was blown away by Dar Sienna!! The staff is wonderful, the decor is beautiful, and it really feels like a home away from home. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Fes!!!

La Felouque

Rabat, Morocco

Though I didn't get the chance to stay here (I had to cancel the day before due to illness), the staff was very understanding of my situation.

Riad Layla Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

The hostel was a little difficult to find as there was no clear sign directing guests into the alley where Riad Layla Rouge is located. I ended up getting hassled by a teenager for money when he pointed me in the right direction without my asking - his friend claimed to be a staff member of the hostel and blocked the entrance until I tossed the kid a couple dirham for help I didn't ask for. Long story short - PLEASE put up a better sign outside of the alley so guests can find their way better!!!

Hi Courtney, I wish we could attach photos as evidence in management responses! There are 2 signs in the street for the hostel. One large and red with butterflies and one at the door of the hostel! They are clear and obvious. The youtube video, map and manager's phone number in your confirmation email can also help you find us easily. Long story short - PLEASE use all the resources we have provided you with and you will have no hassle at all! Those this is your choice. Happy travelling!

Hotel Central

Casablanca, Morocco

I felt really safe and comfortable in this hotel!!