Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

It lost marks on cleanliness as our most room had not been vacuumed. There was food and some white powder on the floor. It also felt a bit grimy. Facilities were very poor, there was no AC in the rooms so they were stifling hot at times and there were only 2 showers and bathrooms per floor to cater for about 20 rooms, so you had to wait most of the time to have a shower.

HI - Madison

Madison, USA

The only hostel in Madison! It's in a very good location right in the centre of the city. Very small place, not many guests but they were all nice and an eclectic mix. It does not have air conditioning though! I was constantly sweating while I was here. Overall, not bad but certainly not great either.

Wrigley Hostel

Chicago, USA

This place is brand new and it shows. Only two bathrooms, which is nowhere near enough. Had to wait every time I needed a shower. Also there are too many beds in each room, the rooms aren't very big yet 7 were crammed into mine. A lot of the rooms open onto common areas which means you get a lot of noise. It was really small, which can be better for socialising, had a pool table, basic breakfast and a good BBQ, all plusses. Also the staff are great! You just need to be prepared for the negatives

Hi, We are sorry to hear that you found our facilities to some degree lacking. We have in fact 3 bathrooms with more on the way to ensure all of our guests experiences are as comfortable as possible. As you said we are new and and we are pleased you found our staff to be great. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you the best in your future travels.

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

They have a good breakfast here, dorms are spacious, beds pretty comfortable. There are regular planned activities too. Overall a very good hostel.

Greetings, Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with the Getaway! We are very happy that you enjoyed our continental breakfast and facilities. It's great that you were able to participate in our social events and experience our great neighborhood. We hope to see you again! Cheers, Jason Schultz General Manager

The Philadelphia House

Philadelphia, USA

Great little hostel with the friendliest staff imaginable. 4 bed dorms too, which is much better for sleeping. Staff took us out to some local pubs - I was hungover in the extreme the next day! It's clean, modern and just awesome!

HI-Baltimore

Baltimore, USA

There was a funny smell in my room and the staff forgot to mention there was a common room downstairs. Also they got a bit funny when I wasn't ready to check out at 11:30. Other than that it was fine though. Other guests were cool and the facilities were good.

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

This place wasn't for me, and I checked out early after my first night. The two things that really make a hostel stay enjoyable are: 1. Other guests and 2. The staff, and sadly these were the two areas this place was lacking. Most guests were families, so there were children/teenagers running around everywhere. Other guests were elderly/retired or younger but studious and with their noses in either a book or their laptop. The atmosphere at times was non-existant. Also note the NO ALCOHOL policy!

Nashville Downtown Hostel

Nashville, USA

Really big hostel. Lots of rooms, nice decor, very clean and secure too. Big open plan kitchen and common room area, which while nice I can't help but feel wasn't conducive to the atmosphere. It felt a little too big sometimes, you need to squash people together sometimes to get the most convivial atmosphere! Still a very nice place and in a great location, with lots of cool, bohemian type guests.

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

Best hostel! Had such a great time here. It's pretty boozy and sociable, if you like that sort of thing. You don't have to though, there were some guests there who didn't drink and party and that's cool too. Can I just say the staff are fantastic too, they were almost like other guests, chatting to us etc, totally laid back. There was a bit of a mixup with my booking when I first arrived but they went out of their way to sort it out for me and it didn't lessen my experience one bit. Stay here!!!

The Pirate Haus Inn and Hostel

St Augustine, USA

Everglades Hostel & Tours

Everglades NP/Florida City, USA

The laundry facilities would be better off indoors!