Location: Hong Kong, Gender: Male, Age: 19

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Excellent location. The WiFi is also quite stable. I have stayed in this hostel for 2 nights as well as 2 nights in Wombats next door. I would say the atmosphere is a bit better in Wombats especially for the bar, while this hostel gets better staff and WiFi. Both are quite good though!

Guesthouse Salzburg

Salzburg, Austria

It is located quite far from the train station but close to the old town. Very good value for money with luxurious breakfast included - I mean it, luxurious. Staff is friendly and helpful. Overall it is a very nice hostel.

Arpacay Backpackers Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

It is located very close to the castle, which is located uphill! So save enough energy to get your luggage there. Staff is friendly. There is foreign change and laundry service - convenient for travellers.

Despite its location right next to the rail station, it actually takes quite a walk there! Yet everything went very fine. We had a nice stay here. One free drink voucher is given for you to meet friends in the bar.

Rome City Hostel

Rome, Italy

I lived in the room which is connected to the garden, so many people, who are not staying in the room, just pass through the room very often. It just gave me the sense of insecurity, though nothing actually happened there. The breakfast is ample and great. Location a bit far from the sights, but it is just about a 10 minutes bus ride to the main train station. Fair enough! Btw, watch out for your phone and wallet when you are on the bus from the hostel to the train station during peak hour.

Hostel Santa Monaca

Florence, Italy

The WiFi network in my room called Cerchi is very unstable. I can almost never connect to it during my 3-night stay. The staff tried to fix it, but it doesn't work at all. The drainage in one of the bathrooms is blocked so it flooded the floor. Location close to most of the sights. I never have to take any public transport during my stay in Florence.

Camping Rialto

Venice, Italy

It is really a bit far from the touristy Venice. I arrived at Mestre station on a public holiday. So I have to wait for an hour for the only bus 15 to get to the campsite. And the direction of the bus is actually NOT shown as Campalto. It should be Aeroport instead! Inside the tent it is quite clean though. You can add 3 Euro to change to a wooden house with better environment and power sockets. Otherwise you have to use the public ones at the bar.

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

I booked a private room for 2. The room is quite big and the shower is also comfortable. You have to take the metro to and from the hostel as it is quite far away from the main sights. There was 24 hour security which is satisfying.

Antares Hostel

Nice, France

The hostel is extremely close to the main train station. You can see it when you get out from the main entrance. The hostel is very much like a hotel. Yet, no free breakfast is provided I only stayed there for 1 night so I can't really taste the atmosphere there. Nevertheless, on that night a free drink and peanuts are provided for you to meet the others, However I didn't have time to try it, Pity!

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

It is located right next to the Vieux Port. We got individual room key for good security. Great breakfast was provided to full our belly.

Cool & Bed

Lyon, France

The atmosphere of the hostel is very warm. Easy to meet people. It is located near the Vieux Lyon district in walking distance. Cheerful staff. Simple but great breakfast.

Funny-Farm

Interlaken, Switzerland

The hostel is quite clean. When I arrived, my friend and I occupied the whole 10-people dorm. The view from the balcony of the room is superb, like a heaven. However, you will have to move your luggage from whatever ost or west station for a long distance which can make you sweat a lot.

Sabine House

Paris, France

Very nice hostel indeed. Located in Marie de Lilas, which is a quiet neighbourhood with very nice people. The owner is very nice and hospitable. We can get all information we need. The room is tidied every day when we were out. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. Ample and tasty breakfast included (baguette, croissant, milk, juices, ham, eggs, coffee and tea), and a very nice homemade baguette is provided every day as lunch for us the travellers with a budget. Will definitely go again next time.

Saint James Backpackers

Great location. Very convenient to get to almost every place by underground. It is especially convenient when I got there from Heathrow airport via Piccadilly Line. Straight way, with accessible lift so it is easy to lift the luggage to the ground. Nice staff, nice people. Yet the bed could be quite noisy when people make any slight movement, which could be annoying . The bathroom is a little bit too small. It is somehow difficult to move in the shower.