Backpacker Club

Koh Phangan, Thailand

This hostel is so much fun and the facilities are gorgeous. I stayed here for a few days before and after the full moon party and I would highly recommend it. The pool and bar area right on the beach leads to some really stunning views. We had a blast here getting ready for the fmp with everyone getting painted and drinking. More than anything the staff is what really makes this place wonderful, especially Paul. They went above and beyond to help out and make sure everything was perfect.

3Howw Hostel at Sukhumvit 21

Bangkok, Thailand

Very nice facilities here, really clean and modern and in a perfect location in Sukhumvit. Not a party hostel, but you're in Bangkok so a party isn't too hard to find.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Great hostel. What sets Sunflower apart is the big pool in the back with all the sun beds next to a bar that always has fun people to meet.

Hanoi Royal Garden Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

You won't find any social atmosphere here. The shower in my room was also positioned in such a way that you had to stand/sit on the toilet to take a shower. That said it is in a fantastic location and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Bodega Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

First and foremost: Stay in Sukhumvit if you're traveling to Bangkok. The location is perfect, tons to explore in the area and a short walk from both the skytrain and the subway. The hostel is fantastic. There's a bar and common area where you can always find people drinking and socializing. They gave me a self-guided one day walking tour itinerary and I highly recommend it. Take the ferry in the nearby canal and it's an experience in itself. And street food. Loved this place.

Hostel Casagrande Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

This is a nice hostel, I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Fata Morgana

Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

It was so much fun to stay at Fata Morgana. I'll miss Cool Guy and Suzie (two members of the K-9 greeting committee) and the other animals and donkeys hanging out within the grounds. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Shangri la' hostel

Cahuita, Costa Rica

Nice place, chill atmosphere. Kittens.

GM Granada Hostel

Granada, Nicaragua

The owner is incredibly nice, he went above and beyond to be helpful.

Villa Esthela

Antigua, Guatemala

It's a nice, clean, and quiet hostel with a lovely staff. The owner went out of his way to be extra helpful.

#bunk beyoglu

Istanbul, Turkey

Overall a beautifully designed hostel with a wonderful staff. Full disclosure: they don't have a Jacuzzi anymore. It's frustrating to expect something listed in their description and to not have it exist. Knew that was too good to be true. I'd stay somewhere cheaper next time.

The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

I absolutely love this hostel. Marius is wonderful, he and the staff do a great job creating a comfortable place that feels like home and encouraging guests to get to know each other right away. By day three of my stay the staff and my fellow travelers felt like family.