The Backpackshack

This was the perfect place to come to after a long haul from France. This was obviously the neighborhood pub, and everyone was super friendly. There was fantastic food in the area and really helpful staff. We felt like locals here and would come back in a heartbeat. The surrounding village was absolutely adorable, and it was in fantastic location very close to the tube station. Very safe!

Hotel Andre Gill

Paris, France

The hotel was very cute, very clean, and in a relatively good location. We slept well there for sure! The staff in the evening were much nicer and more helpful than the staff in the morning. I felt like I was intruding on everyone every time I had a question or a problem in the mornings, and that was irritating. If I'm a guest, I shouldn't be treated like I'm a problem. That may have been a culture difference, I don't know. But other than that, it was a good hotel.

Keystone House Kings Cross

Keystone was in the PERFECT location, right next to the train station. It wasn't super clean, and the room was TINY. We had to leave really early in the morning, so I don't know if their breakfast was any good. It was quiet though, and we got a great night's sleep. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

Copper Beech B&B

Galway, Ireland

This was a FANTASTIC B&B. Delicious breakfast, and the owners were incredibly helpful and gave us great advice. We were late getting in, and even though we had no way to let them know we were still coming, they stayed up and waited for us. The bathroom was clean, and the bed was big and warm. We only wish we could have stayed longer. HIGHLY recommend this place!

Thank-you so much for your kind review - it is so much appreciated and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit to Galway - it is such a lovely city.

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

Gogarty's was pretty basic for what we were paying. There is no way we would have showered there. It was disgusting. The breakfast was decent, and the staff were really nice. The hostel is right above a crazy busy bar that doesn't close until 2 am, so don't plan on getting good sleep there; we did sleep well, but we were incredibly tired. The restaurant, however, is AMAZING. The atmosphere there is generally really friendly and cool.

Rowan Park Lodge

Giulia was extremely helpful. She gave us great directions to the hostel and a ride in her car to the tube station. She was definitely a hospitable hostess. The room was very clean and cozy. The location of the hostel was far south London, which wasn't unsafe, but it did make getting into the city really tricky for newbies. Also, we weren't notified that we had to pay in cash before we arrived, and it would have been nice to know that before we got there, because there wasn't an ATM near her.