Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

The Bunkhouse is a funky hostel with a great layout, unfortunately I was there during a quiet week which lead to a dorm room to myself which was nice after some long weeks. The bar area and basement are cool hangouts where you can simply relax. Everything is clean and well laid out, except in the bathrooms where there is nowhere to dress after a shower, but that is not uncommon.

• 7th Oct 2013

Bath Backpackers

Bath, England

I was put in a room on the top floor with a lot of long stay guests. The room felt like it had not been cleaned properly for a long time. When lying on my top bunk there was around 35cm space between my body and a ceiling rafter, making it rather difficult to get in and out of bed. The staff were not forwardly helpful or friendly, other guests however were. The whole building feels run down and needs a good clean, and there are only showers and toilets in the basement

• 5th Oct 2013

Anker Hostel

Oslo, Norway

Anker was a great place to stay. Walking distance from all of the transport links and also the centre of town. Displayed signs said internet was only available in the reception but I got very good connection on the third floor which was a bonus. The only downside is having to pay for bedding which realistically should be included in the price.

• 22nd Jul 2013

MidTown Hostel

Nottingham, England

Security is quite relaxed. The door code did not change while I was there. On departure I asked if I could leave my bag there for a couple of hours, I was told I could leave it in the living room. I returned one evening to find the dorm room was unlocked with the key in the lock. I stayed two nights and had my belongings moved and bed striped and re-made for the second night. A bucket of water and bleech sat in the corner of the bathroom for three days. The entire place seems unorganised.

• 11th May 2013