Smart Russell Square

When you pay £24 for a night you expect a locker to be included. It was unacceptable to charge, given that I had a padlock in my pocket that I was unable to use due to high falluted locker. When you are on the third floor on a boiling hot day and there are only showers in the basement, this is a bit crummy. A great idea to have curtains on the beds, but it could have done with some low lights for when people came in late. Staff were polite, but I expected better facilities.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We try to offer cheap accommodation for low budget travellers at very good location, the prices we offer do not include lockers charges and towels as most of our customers do not need to use them therefore they do not end up paying for things they do not need.We have placed the showers together at one place for two main reasons to save energy and to make it easier for our guests to find free shower. We are sorry you didnt enjoy your stay fully. Staff

Sandeman Allen

The toilets were terrible. Not properly maintained so a lot of blockages. Otherwise it was a nice enough place. It has a really friendly atmosphere and it was nice to have a meal included. The beds were good quality and clean and there was a lockable wardrobe provided.