Kounsavan Guest House

Luang Prabang, Laos

Loved our stay here! The rooms and showers are very clean, the breakfast is really good (especially the banana pancake!) but most of all the staff are amazing! They are so friendly and will do anything to help you, I can definitely recommend staying here!

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

I would definitely recommend staying at this hostel, the rooms are spacious and clean, breakfast is really good and the staff are very friendly and will help you with anything! The reception and common area are really nice! Thank you David! You are the best!

Alaska Hostel

Bariloche, Argentina

This hostel is amazing!!! For starters the guy that works there is the nicest guy I have ever met, he is so friendly & will do absolutely anything to help you! He went completely out if his way to help us book our next bus, calling different companies & checking the weather etc.. Just amazing customer service! Good location as it's close to all the lakes, massive kitchen, good breakfast, lovely atmosphere, really nice & clean rooms! 100% recommend staying here! We absolutely loved our stay!

Rancho Grande Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

This is a lovely hostel, the rooms are nice and very clean, as are the showers and toilets. It's abit of a walk from the bus station but close to the start of all the hikes and supermarket. It has a nice atmosphere, wifi is poor but it is all over town so the only problem was really how small the kitchen was for a hostel of that size. But overall all it is a very nice hostel and we enjoyed our stay here, I would recommend staying here!

This is a lovely hostel, rooms were very nice, showers really good and the hostel was very clean. We did the glacier trip with the hostel which was amazing! Location is good and just a short walk into the town centre and to the supermarket. The kitchen could do with a couple more pots and pans though! We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend staying here!

Macanudo Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

This is the best hostel we have stayed at in the whole of South America! It's amazing! It's very new, the decoration is beautiful, it's also very clean & spacious. The atmosphere is really chilled. The staff are brilliant & will do anything to help you. It's close to the centre, we walked everywhere. Good breakfast & they even have Netflix if you want a movie night! The hostel is just brilliant, 100% recommend staying here! We loved it & wish we had longer there!

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

This hostel is nice, it has a good atmosphere and it is in walking distance from the bus station, port and the old town. There is also a supermarket at the end of the road. The bathrooms and showers could do with abit of a touch up but overall we enjoyed our stay here.

Rayuela Hostel Boutique

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I would definitely recommend staying at this hostel, the staff are so lovely and will do anything to help you. The hostel is close to the bus stops that take you all over the city. The hostel is clean, has a good atmosphere and a good breakfast. We loved our stay here!

Hostel Manga Rosa

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

This hostel is brilliant and I would definetly recommend staying here! It is very clean, good breakfast, mini market 2 minutes away. The bus stop for iguazu falls, Paraguay and Argentina are also only 2 minutes away. The hostel has a nice chilled atmosphere, the pool is lovely and you can even smoke shisha! The staff are brilliant and will do anything to help you out! They even gave us a ride into Argentina and sorted out our bus tickets to buenos aires! We really enjoyed our stay here!

GreenHouse Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

This hostel is lovely and we really enjoyed our stay here! The staff are very nice, the hostel is clean, good breakfast and it has a great atmosphere. The only problem really is the location, it is a long walk to the supermarket but the hostel do put on BBQ nights and pasta nights where they give you all the ingredients you need to make pasta so that makes up for it I suppose. Bus stop is 10 minutes away. I would recommend staying at this hostel!

Sao Paulo Wanderlust Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

This hostel is lovely, the owner is so nice and will do anything to help you! Good location, we walked into the centre but the metro is just down the road. They were still doing the hostel up but it already has a lovely atmosphere so it will be brilliant when it's finished! The owner also cooks amazing cakes (try the chicken cake!!) I would definitely recommend staying here!

Backpackers House Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

This hostel is amazing!! It has a great atmosphere! Pablo and the staff are wonderful and they organise BBQ and pizza nights! Also they organised a waterfall trip which I would recommend doing, we had a great day! Location is brilliant 2 minutes from the bus station and a supermarket. And the breakfast is absolutely incredible! Best one we have had in the whole of South America! We loved our stay here and I would definitely recommend staying here!

Welcome Surf Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

I would definetly recommended staying in this hostel. It is very clean, breakfast is good, in walking distance to the main area. The atmosphere is so nice at this hostel, very chilled with hamocks! The staff are very nice and helpful, we really enjoyed our stay here!

Lions Hostel

Angra dos Reis, Brazil

Only stayed in this hostel 1 night before the ferry to ilha grande but it was very clean and the rooms were nice. The staff were also very friendly.

El Misti Hostel Yellow

Buzios, Brazil

I would not recommend staying in this hostel. When we arrived our room smelt like wee & the pillows were mouldy. The kitchen doesn't have a lot if utensils. The wifi is awful and we tried for 3 hours to book our next hostel using both the wifi on our tablets and the computer and had to give up which was really bad. No wifi in dorms. A good thing about the hostel is the location and the breakfast. The 2 girl staff members are lovely & helpful but the man is very, very rude!

Lagoon Backpackers

Buzios, Brazil

I wouldn't recommend staying at this hostel. The location is good & you can walk to the beach in 10-15mins but the bathroom is dirty, there's only 2 showers and 2 toilets for all the dorms (male & female) so the toilets constantly smelt bad! The bin in our dorm was over flowing & the owner had come down said it was mess but still nothing was done. There is also no air con but this is stated in the information. I'd spend a little more and stay somewhere nice! We couldn't wait to leave!

That is a lie, there is separated 4 shower and 4 toilets on this floor. Everybody were smashed on carnival I am sorry but from now cleaning is the number one. You could also be more social, drink, talk, smile...

Rio Nature Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Rio Nature Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We stayed in a double room & 10 bed dorm, after reading some of the reviews we were a bit worried but the hostel was lovely! It's basic but clean & for the price you pay it is very decent. The dorms are pretty small though. The views are amazing & feeding the monkeys was incredible! It is in a very good location, we walked mostly but 5 mins down the road there are buses that go to everywhere. The only problem was the fridge didn't work so food kept going off, but overall we enjoyed our stay.