• USA, Male, 41+
Samesun Venice Beach, Los Angeles, USA
3.1
31st Jan 2015

Most of the staff was friendly, but the manager(they reluctantly gave our her name Abby) was extremely rude and when we went back to pick up our luggage verbally attacked my son and said he had not stayed the prior night because he didn't have a key. The other workers informed her she was wrong and that we had both stayed in the hostel the night before, but instead of apologizing she told us to leave. Hostelworld is great, but should not be associated with Samesun Venice until Abby is fired.

Thank you for the feedback. To clarify to anyone who is reading the reviews - we do not allow unregistered guests in the hostel for security reasons. We knew that you and your son stayed with us for one night, but the young gentleman that you tried to bring up with you had not, which is why we had to ask him to leave. The staff are instructed to follow these policies - no unregistered guest. I apologize if this was made unclear, but it's a policy we have for the safety of our guests. -Sara

• USA, Male, 31-40
Wrigley Hostel, Chicago, USA
10th Jul 2013

Great new hostel just a block from Wrigley Field. Location is great and staff was very friendly!

• USA, Male, 41+
Capital Comfort Hostel, Washington DC, USA
2.6
22nd May 2013

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at and that's saying something as I have stayed at quite a few in the past couple years. When you book and show up they make you wait because no one is usually there around 3:00 when you check in and then they sen you to a different building about 4 blocks away. Toilet didn't work unless you were willing to take top off and manually do it yourself which I had no choice to do each time, no shower curtain, and no staff at building where they sent me is that legal?