Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Nice location and great free breakfast! It's nice to have free wifi but it would be better if it worked reliably; also, most of the signs around the hostel say you don't need a password but you actually do. The door to my dorm was extremely difficult to open and shut. The shower drain was clogged so the shower filled up with water. There's only one tiny fridge in the kitchen, and no storage space on cupboards or shelves, which is very frustrating.

• 17th Jun 2013

The Fort Boutique Hostel

York, England

Best hostel I've stayed in. All the basics are there, plus lots of nice extras like free laundry and cool decor. One weird thing - the girl who showed me around when I checked in didn't show me the kitchen, and when I specifically asked about it, she said there wasn't one. But there was in fact a lovely kitchen. All the staff were really nice and helpful the rest of the time. I'd definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to York.

• 11th Jun 2013

St Andrews Tourist Hostel

St Andrews, Scotland

Dorm was fine, common room big with tv and dvds to borrow. The kitchen is ok except the one tiny fridge was disgusting - something had spilled in it and it stank and wasn't cleaned.

• 9th Jun 2013