• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
Euro Hostel Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
18th Jun 2015

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with sorting out our group's payments. The room was clean and recently updated. Two of the four reading lights were missing bulbs, and we couldn't find a TV remote so we had to unplug it to turn it off. It would be nice to have some more hooks or towel bars in the bathroom and bedroom. There was also demolition work going on across the street including jackhammering at 2 am - not the hostel's fault obviously but kind of unfortunate.

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool, Liverpool, England
7.7
17th Jun 2013

Nice location and great free breakfast! It's nice to have free wifi but it would be better if it worked reliably; also, most of the signs around the hostel say you don't need a password but you actually do. The door to my dorm was extremely difficult to open and shut. The shower drain was clogged so the shower filled up with water. There's only one tiny fridge in the kitchen, and no storage space on cupboards or shelves, which is very frustrating.

The Fort Boutique Hostel, York, England
11th Jun 2013

Best hostel I've stayed in. All the basics are there, plus lots of nice extras like free laundry and cool decor. One weird thing - the girl who showed me around when I checked in didn't show me the kitchen, and when I specifically asked about it, she said there wasn't one. But there was in fact a lovely kitchen. All the staff were really nice and helpful the rest of the time. I'd definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to York.

St Andrews Tourist Hostel, St Andrews, Scotland
6.3
9th Jun 2013

Dorm was fine, common room big with tv and dvds to borrow. The kitchen is ok except the one tiny fridge was disgusting - something had spilled in it and it stank and wasn't cleaned.