Well I was kind of confused when a staff member was walking in the middle of the night through our bedroom with a flashlight. Not pretty clean for this price. But at least a good location, pretty close to a subway station.

• 15th Jun 2013
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your comments. As we mention at check-in, our night staff do periodic checks of each dorm room throughout the evening to ensure proper safety and security for all guests. We make sure that there are no unregistered guests in rooms, that there is only one person in each bed, and that the hallways in each space remain clear of obstruction. I apologize if this made you uncomfortable, and hope you can understand that we only do this out of concern for your own safety.

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Probably they should think about the system with leaving the shoes in the hallway. My shoes just disappeared and they told me it never happened before. But it happened with me. They don't permit shoes in the house, but they also don't care if they disappear in the hallway. So it's something to think about. Luckely I got my shoes back.

• 23rd May 2013