Reviews: johnsteies1018

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Gusti Homestay

Seminyak, Indonesia

I'll start by just saying that this is the best hostel I've stayed at. Gusti picked us up at the airport for free at 10pm, and brought us for a really cheap, great dinner. The hostel is spotlessly clean, the free breakfast is great, wifi good, and Gusti even provides a free motorbike for your stay of 3+ nights. I can't say enough nice things about this place in Seminyak.

Melaleuca On Mitchell

Darwin, Australia

Melaleuca is right in the heart of Mitchell street, which is party central. If this is what you're looking for, I'd stay here. If not, I wouldn't. Nice staff, but no free wifi. Nice pool but lacks a communal area without loud music. There are so many people staying here that cooking is a bit difficult, but the kitchen is satisfactory.

Alice's Secret Travellers Inn

Alice Springs, Australia

Great hostel. Seb is very accommodating and will help you book tours and all that. Kitchen so you can save some cash cooking for yourself. Close to everything, but nothing is very far in Alice. Very quiet hostel which is great to relax. Unique layout as the outdoors are really a point of focus. Wonderful experience.

Backpack Oz

Adelaide, Australia

The facility was everything you could want out of a hostel. Staff were very friendly and the BBQ on Tuesday night is a great way to meet people at the hostel. As good a location as any, great value for your money.

Landing Pads Brunswick

Melbourne, Australia

Landing Pads is a fantastic place to start your stay in Australia. More of a share house than your typical hostel, LPs is full of people looking for work, or already employed. The owner of the hostel, Matt, is a top guy who is always willing to help with the job hunt or trips around town and Victoria. Events are organized for everyday of the week so you can join at your leisure and get to know your housemates a bit better. LP is a very easy place to make great friends and start your job search.

Orient Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The location and security and all that was good but the staff was somewhat rude and unaccommodating. You aren't allowed to go into any other room in the hostel to visit a friend and I was asked to return my key to the front desk whenever I left the hostel. Nice place, just some strange rules.

Freedom Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

This is certainly the best hostel I have stayed at to this point. The staff will help you with maps, directions, suggestions and tips with a smile on their face. The entire hostel was extremely clean the whole week I was here. The bedrooms are air-conditioned and feel great after a day of sight-seeing in Cairo. To top it off, they can do laundry for you and provide a small complimentary breakfast. Great experience.

This is a party hostel. It is located on Adams Morgan street and right above a club that plays dance music until 2am. I was down for going out and partying so I didn't mind and actually had an amazing time at this hostel especially meeting people from abroad. So if you are looking to party, stay here! That being said, if you are looking for a nice quiet few nights, this isn't your spot. The rooms are adequate as are other living quarters. Nice staff.