Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ

Rotorua, New Zealand

Fantastic location 2 minutes walk from the i-Site (which also serves as the intercity bus stop)! Unlimited free wifi is pretty much unique at a New Zealand hostel - very much appreciated!! Most staff were super friendly and helpful, keen to know guests on a first name basis. Beds were great (mine was a non-bunk bed!), really comfy. Bathrooms could perhaps do with a bit of sprucing up (a bit grimey / limescale). Would recommend this place for sure!

Nomads Capital Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Great location! Just a short bus ride from the intercity bus/train station and it only cost $2 to boot! Just around the corner from a plethora of bars, clubs, caf├ęs and restaurants (both fancy and fast food) . Te Papa museum, the beautiful harbour and picturesque Mt Victoria are within walking distance too! The rooms were a big problem though! They were really untidy and dirty (the fault of guests mainly) and super hot (it was only 18 degrees outside as well) - A/C is needed!

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed our great location. I'm sorry to hear that your room was untidy, we do have a great housekeeping team who work hard to keep the place clean and we do encourage people to keep their things tidy so I'm sorry this wasn't the case during your stay. I'm sorry that the room was hot as well, we are currently having fans installed in all large dorms so hope this will help to keep them nice and cool.

Central Backpackers Dunedin

Dunedin, New Zealand

Fantastic central location, right in the middle of the city centre - close by to everything! Friendly atmosphere with the cosy social area and sociable kitchen (I made friends that I ended up traveling on further with). Clean and tidy. Used the laundry facilities and the dryer is shocking! All my clothes came out soaked still. They are extremely stingy with wifi, this is New Zealand, a rich, developed country - unlimited and free should be standard, not a pathetic amount that lasts half an hour.

Ottawa Backpackers Inn

Ottawa, Canada

The best thing about this hostel is it's location! I walked everywhere whilst in Ottawa; Parliament Hill, the War Museum, the Civilisation Museum in Gatineau and it's literally right next to lively Byward Market too. In addition it was very clean and tidy. The social area was not very sociable really - no one wanted to talk it seemed and it was far too dimly lit to be sociable either. Not a great atmosphere for meeting people. Also I spent $12 on laundry (!!).

The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

Pros: Located within a 30 second walk of the subway which is brilliant for getting around the city with ease. The breakfast they serve is the best hostel breakfast I've ever had! The common room is great for chatting to fellow guests, or just chilling on your laptop. Cons: Sometimes it was very loud after midnight because of bands playing at the bar downstairs. The room I was in was a 10 bed room but was far too small to fit that many comfortably. Should be for 8 people only.

Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel

Santa Barbara, USA

Not too sure as to why this hostel has mediocre reviews- I thought it was pretty good! The directions from the Greyhound station are very confusing (please update and add more detail), but once you figure it out - the hostel is in an unbeatable location!! Literally right next to the Greyhound & Amtrak stations, a stones throw from beautiful beaches and right next to the main "strip" of bars and restaurants. Clean, especially the bathrooms. Bedrooms were very cramped, but it didnt really matter!

This hostel is very expensive compared to all others I've stayed at in the US and there's nothing that struck me as to why it should be. Having said that, it was a very good hostel! Excellent location near Union Square and the famous cable-cars (which you have to take a ride on!), as well as the BART subway station and buses. Really clean with en-suite bathrooms (which I like in a hostel). Good laundry facilities. Fantastic kitchen and eating space - spacious and clean! Alright staff.

Nashville Downtown Hostel

Nashville, USA

Among the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Immaculately clean all over, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and communal area. Staff were chatty, friendly and helpful, they called a cab for us on our last day which was appreciated. Good wi-fi access. BRILLIANT location, within walking distance of the Country Music Hall of Fame, all the bars, restaurants and shops on the strip, and the beautiful Cumberland River. Would HIGHLY recommend!

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

One of the more expensive hostels I've stayed at in the US - but you get what you pay for. Nadia is a super-friendly member of staff who goes out of her way to welcome you to the hostel and provide tips on things to see and do. The toilet and shower facilities are top-notch, super clean with lots of hot water - they provide free towels too which is always a bonus. Good breakfast each morning, made by the staff. Located in a really safe neighbourhood in walking distance to the metro station.

Super clean hostel with plentiful clean, hot-water, showers. Friendly staff and sociable atmosphere. Nice clean kitchen to prepare shop-bought food. Not at all a central location in Downtown Boston, but with the free shuttle to the nearest subway station this isn't a problem. The staff were really kind to my friend and I, picking us up from the station after-hours twice.

Astor Hyde Park

Great hostel, would recommend for sure. The staff were really friendly and always willing to provide help. Cleanliness is a big thing for me and this hostel was pretty much spotless. The facilities were brilliant too; a secure room for luggage, a clean and spacious shower in the room, free wi-fi, a 'common room' type thing and helpful travel guides and the like on the walls of the entrance hall.

The Royal Bayswater Hostel

I have stayed at much BETTER hostels, nearby, in London that were actually CHEAPER than this one too! The shower was absolutely freezing whilst the room was boiling hot. The staff expected a deposit for absolutely EVERYTHING - which was ridiculous. They even made us make our own beds and pay a deposit for the sheets! Having said all of that, it didn't "ruin" the break - it's just that these things could be so much better!!!