United Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

This hostel was across from Founders Station and within good walking distance to practically everything. They're relatively new, so they're still building their laundry room, but they have an arrangement with a place a few doors down to let tenants use their laundry facilities. The staff was helpful with every question and request.

MPS Noorderzon

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The boat hostel was a fun experience for one night. We felt very safe and the location was within easy walking distance of the train station and sights. Leontine was very nice and informative, helping us get oriented with the map and recommending good restaurants. We could adjust to the small cabin if necessary, but for me one night was enough to stay in such a tiny space. There was not air-conditioning in our cabin either, which would have been trouble if it had been hotter.

Snooze Hotel

Salzburg, Austria

It's a bit of a walk into the old city but right next to a bus stop. It was nicely quiet. The room was kept clean but in our double, I couldn't open the closet doors completely. I would stay here again as long as I didn't want to be right in the midst of things.

This is a great youth hostel. I was with my 25-year-old daughter who was more appropriately aged for it. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. It is right by Westbanhoff train station and many shops and eateries, but a substantial walk to the sights.