Sabah Pansiyon

Antalya, Turkey

The Sabah is a great pension with a very friendly, helpful staff. The location in the heart of the old city couldn't be better.

BellaMaritimo Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

The BellaMaritimo is a lovely little hotel run by a wonderfully friendly family. The location is maybe a ten minute walk from the tourist center of Pamukkale, but my wife and I liked that -- to get away from all the hawkers trying to sell you dinner and a carpet. The pool is especially nice.

Artemis Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

The hotel is a basic concrete structure that doesn't have a great deal of atmosphere. But it's in a great location and the staff really go all out. While I was there, Tom and his Korean wife, Gabby, put together a great barbecue one night. They met our train, they gave invaluable travel advice -- they made sure we had a wonderful visit. I definitely recommend the Artemis as a very good budget accommodation.

Odyssey Guesthouse

Bergama, Turkey

This is a wonderful hostel, a beautifully restored Greek house with a peaceful rooftop terrace. We spent 4 nights here and loved every moment.

Hostel Anzac House

Canakkale, Turkey

The private room we had was terrible -- a dark cell with a single window looking onto an air shaft, very small and depressing. Also, breakfast was advertised to start at 8 o'clock but the person who prepared breakfast never showed up until 9 or so. This is very sloppy. The only good thing about the Hostel Anzac House is the location near the water, but I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody.