Stray Cat Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Belgrade, Serbia

The lockers were fairly small, but I was able to fit the really important stuff in mine. The staff was always willing to answer questions and give directions, which was great, and I really appreciated how clean the place was. The only real drawback was that there was only one shower, so you might have to wait a bit for others to finish.

Doors Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

The garden area was an awesome place to sit and chill out - even when it was raining!

Interflat Hostel & Apartments

Budapest, Hungary

All the staff at the hostel were super friendly and helpful. I had a lot of questions and they were always willing to help me.

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The hostel is located on a busy street near the city center, so expect to hear a lot of noise, especially around bar closing time (even ear plugs didn't help much!). The staff was really nice and helpful though.

That is true - New York, Paris, Cracow, Sao Paolo, Las Vegas... these cities never sleep!

Athens, Greece

The shower water pressure was terrible and it kept randomly switching from hot to cold. Moreover, only one of two showers on my floor was available (the light in the other one didn't work, so it wasn't really good for taking a shower), which was a drag. Other than that, the staff was great and the location was pretty good because it was close to a lot of stuff.

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The good: the staff was amazingly friendly and helpful, assisting with bookings, tour information and other information; they made a ton of calls for me when my tour was late to help me figure out what was going on; there was always someone at the reception desk The not as good: the security lockers were very small and the heater had a hard time keeping the room warm

The good: the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, assisting with booking and other things; the breakfast food was plentiful and tasty The not-as-good: The wi-fi didn't always work well in the rooms and there wasn't always someone at the reception desk when I had a question

Miso Guesthouse and Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

Reggae Guest House

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

This review is for Reggae Mansion. Due to a mix up in booking, while I booked at Reggae Guest House, I wound up staying at Reggae Mansion because all bookings had been transferred over to there. I wish I had been notified. Reggae Mansion is a bit pricier than some of the other hostels, but well worth it. The facilities are great, the staff is excellent. The only issue I have is with the beds - specifically, climbing the terrifyingly steep ladder of death to the top bunk.

Wo Jia Lodge

Kuching, Malaysia

I really enjoyed Wo Jia Lodge. I had a single room that was clean and spacious. The only thing travelers should note is that sound carries really well throughout the building, and even if you're trying hard to be quiet, it will seem loud to other guests.

Fernloft City (Chinatown)

Singapore, Singapore

Because this hostel is part of a franchise, this hostel is listed as having the same amenities as all the other Fernloft City hostels in Singapore. This is not the case. The amenities differ from site to site and I wish that had been made clear on the website, as I likely would have chosen somewhere else to stay.

Suzie's Guesthouse and Hostel KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The staff at Suzie's were very helpful and wonderful - I really appreciated their efforts!

Duriworld House

Seoul, South Korea

I really enjoyed my stay at Duriworld House. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and nice and everything was great! I met several people from other countries during my stay, which was also nice. As a side note, Duriworld isn't really a party and drinking hostel. The indoor common area is nice, but small. The outdoor terrace was well-kept, but I rarely saw anyone use it. Overall, it's a great place to stay but not for people who want a constant party.