Adelante

Trabzon, Turkey

My hostess was most helpful and went out of her way to make my stay enjoyable and informative.

Bed & Breakfast dei Templi

Agrigento, Italy

This is not really a hostel. It is a B & B with a room that accommodates hostelers. It was a little difficult to find because there are no outside signs but the local people were kind and helped. Also breakfast is served at a nearby bar which was fine and the coffee was good. The location is OK because you are close to a small supermarket and the local fruit & vegetable market which is good if you are self- catering. I enjoyed my stay. It was quite different from my usual stays in hostels.

LoLHostel Siracusa

Syracuse, Italy

This was the first 'purpose-built' hostel I have stayed in, in Sicily and certainly the planning that has been put into the design has resulted in a very modern, comfortable and clean environment. Every facility a traveler requires is there for your use. The staff provide and excellent map on arrival with detailed information about the sights and low-cost eating and drinking recommendations. The breakfast was the best I have been offered in Sicily - very tasty and fresh.

Agora Hostel

Catania, Italy

It was a real home-away-from-home. The staff were very welcoming and very patient, even when the kitchen was full of people cooking and eating! They have lots of information about the local area and will help you find out about places further away.

Ai Quattro Canti

Palermo, Italy

Homely and welcoming. I was able to use the facilities as if it was my own home.

YHA Tunis Auberge Medina

Tunis, Tunisia

NO DOUBT IT IS A BEAUTIFUL BUILDING in a wonderful position. Generally the staff were helpful and I was able to leave my luggage there while I went off exploring up north in Bizerte. It was quite cold though as I stayed in January and it would have been nice to have a heater in the 'common room'. It is such an amazing building I think the staff should do a 'potted' history of the hostel for visitors.

Riad Zitoune Youth Hostel

Marrakech, Morocco

I had a wonderful few days at this riad. It was truly a family affair with the owners living upstairs. The riad is simple but lovely and in a superb position for investigating the old parts of Marrakech. Highly recommened and great value.

Almaa Sintra Hostel

Sintra, Portugal

It was a most delightful hostel, set in a beautiful and peaceful estate just on the edge of Sintra historical centre. It felt like I was joining in a family gathering, rather than visiting as an unknown guest.

Casa d'Alagoa

Faro, Portugal

It was a delightful hostel. I am a solo traveler and when you stay in a friendly and hospitable hostel it makes a difference. People wanted to share stories and experiences and having a hostel dinner each night was lovely - I got to try real Portuguese food in a very convivial atmosphere - LOVELY.

Globe Backpackers Plymouth

Plymouth, England

This was a delight. It reminded me of the type of hostels I used to stay in during the 70s and 80s. Yes, I am a mature aged person. The atmosphere was really friendly and accommodating and the staff were great to chat with and very helpful. The hostel is in an old building and they are always difficult to keep really clean but it was OK. The bathrooms could do with an up-grade. The kitchen was spacious with a new stove which was large and efficient and a new washing machine and dryer - handy.

Hotel Concorde

Nimes, France

IT WAS A DELIGHTFUL OLD FASHIONED HOTEL WITH THE MANAGER TAKING THE TIME FOR A DAILY CHAT AND IDEAS FOR SIGHTSEEING. I LOVED THE SIMPLICITY OF THE HOTEL AND THE UNPRETENTIOUS ATMOSPHERE CREATED BY THE OWNERS.....LOVELY.