Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Definitely a solid place to stay. People were friendly. Breakfast is mediocre, but it includes coffee or tea which was nice.

• 14th Jul 2013

Paraga Beach Hostel

Mykonos, Greece

Be prepared to party. It's hard to avoid. The beach is gorgeous too, and there's lots of food options at the hostel (which is good because it's a massive trek to get anywhere else). There's no ATMs in the hostel, which is annoying, but it's pretty easy to get to the town, and the hostel is good about getting people to and from the port. It's camping though. Be prepared to rough it a little bit. It's a hike to the washrooms and the bungalows are swelteringly hot.

Youth Hostel Oia

Santorini, Greece

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Very relaxed atmosphere, beautiful view from the rooftop patio, and it's a beautiful hostel. The included breakfast is mediocre, but there's other options, and they have great recommendations on where to go and what's around. I would stay again in a second.

• 10th Jul 2013

Definitely a party hostel. The Yellow around the corner is probably really the place to be if you're looking for parties though. Decent hostel, clean and well cared for, but it's a good hike to get to any of the main attractions Rome has to offer. It is close to supermarkets and the train station (with airport transfers and the metro), so that's convenient to have around.

• 4th Jul 2013

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

Definitely a great atmosphere! The whole place just felt welcoming and friendly the whole time. Amazing huge lockers to lock your things as well as a safe at the desk if need be, and the best breakfast buffet of any hostel I've ever stayed at. Would definitely stay again. Only thing is it's a bit of a hike into Florence, but conveniently close to the train station and the leather market. Plus Florence is so small, that it's not a big deal.

• 1st Jul 2013

Ca' Venezia

Venice, Italy

Great great great location! In the middle of everything! I met tons of amazing people. No locks or lockers for valuables, but I never felt like my things were at risk. Gorgeous rooftop patio with stunning view! Only thing is the owner is a little friendlier than necessary to young women, but it only made me a little uncomfortable, I never felt actually afraid or unsafe.

• 29th Jun 2013

St Christopher's Village

Super chill hostel. We had a terrible place the first couple nights of our stay, and this one was a nice change! Everyone chill and friendly, in a great location in my favorite part of London, and felt completely welcome and safe. Great atmosphere for partying if you want, but also totally easy to just crash if you need to. Would stay again.

• 23rd Jun 2013

My friend and I needed a place to crash on our layover from Australia to Canada. Very chill hostel, clean, staff were always around to help. Wifi didn't work for us, but it wasn't a huge problem since we weren't there long. Good atmosphere. We stayed in a private, not a dorm, so can't say if it's the best place to meet people or not.

• 3rd May 2013