Hostel Kombinat

Wroclaw, Poland

I didn't like this hostel, wouldn't stay here again. No atmosphere except awkwardness. It was disorganized during check in with no info about city and in fact wasn't charged until I mentioned when checking out. I you want a clean bed near the city centre but don't care about meeting anyone or organization then this will be okay.

4 months of Europe and this is without doubt the BEST HOSTEL I stayed in when measured on any metric. If you want to party,meet people, traveling solo STAY HERE. It's incredible how a hostel can actually make your trip, and this is one of those places. The staff really give this place it's atmosphere. Magda's pub crawl was CRAZY!! So much fun. Marcin on the bar really gives the place a great vibe and is generally quite entertaining, Octavian, Albert and ?Patrico were all fun

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

Really loved this hostel. Central location. Great for meeting people - they organize in house drinking games and pub crawls if you want. Definitely would stay here again and would definitely urge others too aswell. Can I just ask that you add to the directions that the hostel is in the same building as that bank - because the bank has huge neon signs and is impossible to miss - whereas we walked past like 20 times and missed the tiny hostel sign. Thanks.

I stayed here for 7 nights and had a great time. The bar downstairs is so much fun and the staff are great at getting people mingling with games like limbo etc. it was really fun. Location in Paris is always a bit further out, but Gare Du Nord is a main station and very accessible by many metro lines. Still haven't fixed the shower issue, but it was minor compared to what I was expecting. I would recommend it and would stay here again.

Astor Hyde Park

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Quite a good hostel. Location was definitely the biggest draw card. Right in the centre of the city. Easy to get to train station and every thing else. One thing I will say is the lack or total absence of power points is just not acceptable for a modern hostel. It's not good enough to leave your stuff at reception to charge. If you leave your phone to charge overnight (ie when not using) you are not able to use your phone as clock or alarm. Call an electrician, please. Install some in rooms.

Hostel Brikette

Positano, Italy

This place was like a 5 star resort, but at a rock bottom price. Definitely can recommend. I think it suits all people, solo travellers (like myself) and bigger groups. Definitely had a mix of relaxation by day and party by night. They arranged a night out at a cave nightclub - discounted entry, free drinks and most importantly drove everyone there and back! If you stay here ask them about the 'walk of the gods' it was incredible!! You need at least 3 nights.

Thanks so much for your kind words, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed Positano both by day and night so much. All the best for your future travels.

B&B San Giacomo Venezia

Venice, Italy

This BnB was absolutely terrific. Very easy to get to from main train station (7min walk) - they provide very detailed and accurate directions. Very central location. Very Very friendly and helpful staff. The room was spacious, fitted with air conditioning, comfortable and felt very Venetian!! I really enjoyed my time here. Wish I had stayed longer. Definitely can recommend if you want an authentic feeling of Venice.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Wombats is a great chain. Stayed with them in Budapest and Vienna also. This one in particular is in a great location, literally next door to the central station (hautbahnoff). Very clean and great place to meet new friends :-) Would absolutely recommend the wombats chain and particularly this one.

Excellent location. SO easy to get to from main station. Quiet. Clean. Shower was amazing. Beds comfy. Each bed has own locker (Locks with your room keycard). Each bed has own light and powerpoint. Staff helpful. Definitely would stay with Wombats again.

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Great atmosphere. If you're travelling alone I can definitely recommend it. You will meet HEAPS of people. Lots of activities being organised. They cook you a free dinner most nights of the week which is really nice. Brings more of an atmosphere. Can walk into the centre of Prague in 20 minutes or catch tram. Close to the main train station. Staff amazing. Organise pub crawls and Samuel really gets the atmosphere going. Rooms were great too w/ Kitchen

Jetpak Jumpdesk

Berlin, Germany

So easy to get to, right next to train station. Really lovely staff. Can't remember his name but he was German! Everything was clean and neat. The dorms were MASSIVE so it didn't actually feel like there was that many people. One thing to improve... There was a major lack of power points in my room (3). I would definitely recommend any of the jetpack hostels in Berlin. Stayed at another one and both were equally amazing.

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

Can't fault this hostel or the staff. The rooms were great, the showers were AWESOME! Kreuzberg is a really funky suburb. I didn't find getting into the city much of an ordeal at all. One of/if not the best hostel I have stayed in.

CIS de Champagne

Reims, France

This was an absolutely fantastic hostel. Considering there in no real competition in town I wasn't sure what to expect. Cheap, staff were so friendly, like 10 minute walk into town. We were able to walk from the train station to the hostel. Would just say that the atmosphere wasn't quite there in terms of 'youth hostel' - think I only saw 2 other travellers until breakfast time. Maybe organising some fun things like a pub crawl or a champagne tasting would help everyone meet people.