MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Definitely more hotel than hostel, but a great place to stay either way. Its a huge place,so they could certainly improve the kitchen and laundry to accommodate so many people... one washer and dryer just isn't enough. The location isn't very central, but its not a horribly long walk into the center of town.

Hostel Centraal

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was dirty. Someone in our room decided to shave his head in the sink and it was not cleaned up by anyone for 2 days. Also, too expensive for how far from everything it is. We stayed out of the hostel as much as possible.

The directions getting to the hostel from Westbanhoff were quite confusing, and the location is a bit deceiving.we thought it would be a quick walk from the station, when really it's by the tracks leading up to the station. Otherwise, it was a nice stay, very quiet and the kitchen was great.

• 23rd Jun 2013

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

It was by far the cleanest and most organized hostel I've been in. Fun atmosphere, and great specials at the bar, but there was no kitchen, which would be okay if they would maybe make dishes and utensils or maybe a microwave available available for people who wanted to eat from the market, however there was nothing.

• 18th Jun 2013

Hostel Baccarat

Nice, France

It wasn't the cleanest place in the world, but it was still comfortable. Free champagne and cheap spaghetti dinners were the best! It was certainly where a lot of kids stay when they are looking to party, but I was on the third floor and didn't hear a thing all night. There was even air conditioning!!! They didn't take credit cards, though.

• 8th Jun 2013

The Hostel Box Port

Barcelona, Spain

We had a nice stay at hostel box. The dorms and bathrooms were cleaned every day, and the location was in walking distance of most major attractions, and a metro stop. We stayed in the 16 bed dorm, which obviously got noisy at night when people came back from clubbing. My only major concern with the hostel is the possibility of bedbugs. My boyfriend now has many bites all over his body, however, I was in the same bunk and have none.