Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 21

To be honest, having stayed in other St. Christopher's before I wasn't expecting much. However, I was impressed by the friendly staff, spacious, clean showers and comfortable beds. The shared common area was comfy and had a fridge and microwave which was a nice plus. I would mention that the single toilets never seemed to flush or have soap and the breakfast could get quite chaotic with staff unable to keep up with the demand of people. Also, there is no free luggage storage.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Globetrotter

Hey Many thanks for leaving us a review! We are glad to read that you had a lovely stay in our Hostel! Unfortunately with more than 200 guests everyday, breakfast can get a bit chaotic. We will be more careful about the soap from now on. We hope that you will keep staying with us!

Egali Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Only stayed for 1 night, but staff was pleasant and bathrooms clean. Lack of chargers in room and the kitchen can get quite crowded at breakfast time.

• 26th Dec 2015

Astor Queensway

This is the second time I have stayed at an Astor Hostel and after staying at 3 other hostels/guesthouses in London on various travels in past years, I don't think I'd stay anywhere else. Sure it's a bit more expensive, but the building is gorgeous, facilities great and it's very clean. I love the under bed cages, safes at reception and variety of food available at breakfast. The commom room is cozy and a great place to catch up on movies. The kitchen is rather small, but well stocked.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • Globetrotter

Hey girl! Thank you so much for this great feedback. We are glad to hear that we will always be your first option in London. I hope to see you again the next that you come back to London. Happy new year, AQ family!

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

I stayed at this hostel 3 years ago and picked it again because I remembered liking it- what a surpride when it was even better than I remembered. They've really thought of everything here and I can now include it on my list of favoutite hostels.

• 16th Dec 2015

Hostel Marmota

Innsbruck, Austria

I actually quite enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Yes, it's not located in the centre, but it's very easily reached by tram and there is an amazing location of walking trails literally right behind the property. The kitchen and common area were clean and cozy, but yes the wifi is only available there.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for the opinion.

Steffi's Hostel Heidelberg

Heidelberg, Germany

I didn't end up staying here, but the staff easily cancelled my booking via email.

• 8th Dec 2015

We Guest House

Busan, South Korea

Good option for Busan- excellent location if you want to be near the beach, but quite far from other neighbourhoods and the bus/train ststions. There were only 2 others staying here when I visited, but that meant I got an 8 bed dorm all to myself. Breakfast was very nice though.

• 23rd Nov 2015

Kimchee Downtown Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

To be honest, the common areas of tbis place were pretty disgusting. I don't think the kitchen was cleaned once during my stay (food and garbage EVWRYWHERE), but the communal bathrooms were cleaned often and dorms were okay. As most of the staff are volunteers, it was hard to differentiate them from the guests- I'd reccomend some sort of identification (badge, t-shirt).

• 20th Nov 2015

Kim's House in Busan

Busan, South Korea

This is an okay hostel.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Globetrotter

This was a really good hostel option for Osaka and I decided to book an extra night!

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your nice comment and wonderful marks make us happy! Thank you for your staying with us and extend your stay! We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!

Nikkorisou

Nikko, Japan

This is a very cozy hostel with a big common room, in room lockers and exceptionally helpful and kind staff. Would reccomend staying here!

• 13th Nov 2015

Nikko Park Lodge

Nikko, Japan

The lodge is beautiful and cozy, bunkbeds comfortable and private. Be aware that while it is situated in a scenic and safe spot the walk back from the centre is VERY dark as the streets are not well lit. Would reccomend a flashlight.

• 12th Nov 2015

Snuffel Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

This is a really great hostel. Hands down the best lockers I have ever had (more like a cupboard with A LOT of space for storing belongings) and the dorm rooms are spacious and clean. Kitchen and free breakfast are fantastic and the multitude of outlets are appreciated. The bar below adds a really nice atmosphere, but can make it hard to sleep if your room is on the 1st floor.

• 19th Oct 2015

MEININGER Brussels City Center

Brussels, Belgium

Was upgraded to a 4 bed dorm from a 10 bed upon arrival and appreciated the effeciency of the staff in this large, well run hostel/hotel. Bathrooms were great and beds comfortable. However, I would not recommend the location. Very quiet at night and I did not feel safe walking around as a solo female traveller. There are also not a lot of food/restaurants nearby.

• 18th Oct 2015

Meet Gardalake Hostel

Lake Garda, Italy

We really enjoyed the atmosphere at this hostel- there were a real mix of guests- school groups, backpackers, families and seniors. It gave us a chance to meet lots of new people. Staff is extremely hard working and the proximity to the town centre, lake and train station cannot be beat. Our only comment is with regards to cleanliness- a couple of times we noticed our dorm bathroom was not cleaned as tissues were not replaced, mirrors remained dirty, etc. Also hand soap would be appreciated.

• 2nd Oct 2015

Generator Venice

Venice, Italy

We enjoyed our short stay at this hostel. Excellent cleanliness, some of the comfiest beds we've ever slept in and roomy under bed cages for storage. Unfortunately no kitchen, but reasonably priced food is available at the atmospheric bar. The one thing needed is lights that stay on for more than 20 seconds in the bathroom. It is no fun showering in the dark and waving your hand at the motion detector almost constantly. Guidecca is a very pretty part of Venice- we loved it!

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to Venice in the near future. Kind regards Venice Team

Anemomilos Villa

Santorini, Greece

Staff was very accommodating and we appreciated the free port and airport pick up and drop off. The rooms were cleaned every day and we loved watching the sun set from both our private balcony and the large terrace. Fridge in room #1 is broken so we had to go without for our 5 day stay. Although only a 15 minute walk from the centre of Fira, there is no sidewalk and it's not well lit at night so something to keep in mind if you are coming back late.

• 26th Sep 2015

Stay Hostel

Rhodes, Greece

We loved this hostel so much we stayed a few extra nights! While it may seem pricy for a Greek hostel, you won't regret staying here. The staff is very helpful, the rooms and common areas clean and spacious (the dorm we stayed in was split into 3 different rooms so it was almost like we had a private room) and it is equidistant from the beach and Old Town. In addition the kitchen is one of the best I've ever seen in a hostel and the bar food is delicious and a great value.

• 21st Sep 2015
  • Globetrotter

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to review us. It is lovely to hear how much you enjoyed your STAY! Best wishes, your STAY Crew

Astor Hyde Park

This hostel is worth the extra money per night. It is located in an absolutely stunning building on a quiet street within spitting distance of the park. The staff was very friendly and always cleaning. The breakfast was great and I appreciated the luggage cages under the bed and small lockers for valuables at reception.

• 13th Oct 2014

Keystone House Kings Cross

This hostel is one of London's better ones. The bright spacious common areas, clean sheets and comfortableness of the bed all contributed to a great stay. However the cleanliness of the bathrooms could definitely be improved and the size of the lockers as they were not big enough to fit a standard 50L backpack. Also, be aware that there is no stove or oven in the guest kitchen.

• 5th Oct 2014

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

There was only one thing I did not like about this hostel- the beds were extremely uncomfortable and not equipped with a thick enough blanket for a Prague winter. But everything else was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Directions, reccommendations and just talking to you about your day. Kitchen was well equipped, lockers in rooms, free computer use and good wifi and a wonderful breakfast with fruit and cheese!

• 20th Nov 2013

David Hasselhostel

Budapest, Hungary

Cheap, friendly staff, good atmosphere. There is no luggage room so be aware of that. Cleanliness was just average. Had a great stay though!

• 16th Nov 2013

City Hostel N├╝rnberg

Nuremberg, Germany

Just an okay hostel. Nothing spectacular. Good location, lockers in rooms, well equipped kitchen. You have to pay for wifi and the showers are quite poor.

• 7th Nov 2013

A&O Hamburg City

Hamburg, Germany

• 2nd Nov 2013

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel. Excellent location and free breakfast. However I stayed across the river at Abbey Court too and found the atmosphere and cleanliness to be much better.

• 31st Oct 2013

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I stayed in the large female dorm and it was clean and comfortable. Excellent location, great free breakfast and under bed cages to store things. Free wifi and computers as well. One thing I was unimpressed with was the state of the kitchen a good portion of the time. Many burners weren't working and many guests left the area in disarray.

• 27th Oct 2013

Captain Halpin's Hostel

Wicklow, Ireland

This hostel would have been great had it been a bit more clean. Great atmosphere and location!

• 25th Oct 2013

Rowan Tree Hostel

Ennis, Ireland

Was upgraded from a dorm to a private room upon my arrival :) Good wifi, beautiful location on the river and helpful staff. Free 10 minute international calls was a highlight for sure!

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks a million for your very nice review ! Were delighted you enjoyed your stay with us !! Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Rainbow Hostel Doolin

Doolin, Ireland

Good hostel overall. Right across from the bus station, good kitchen. Couldn't connect to wifi the whole time I was there unfortunately.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

I think the only thing lacking at this hostel was the atmosphere. Otherwise good rooms, kitchen, location, staff and free breakfast!

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

I don't even know how to begin my review of this hostel. I had the most amazing time here in Letterfrack. The hoslitality demonstrated by Mike and the Letterfrack locals was amazing. I felt welcome from the moment I stepped inside. I was upgraded from a dorm to a private room, given advice on the region, served dinner, dropped off and picked up by Mike on a coastal walk he personally recommended. The breakfast, self catering kitchen and common area are very good also! Steps away from thepark too

• 18th Oct 2013

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

Hostel was better then I thought. Beautiful property however as a solo female I found it quite eerie at night coming from the city centre. Close to supermarket and about 20/25 minute walk from main bus station.

• 12th Oct 2013

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Really awesome hostel. Loved the free walking tours offered, open mic nights in the bar and the kitchen was one of the best I've seen at a hostel. Located right in the Grassmarket near to good eats and pubs. Close to the Castle, Royal Mile, museums and a supermarket too. 30 bed dorm was fine, split into two levels so nowhere near as bad as you'd imagine.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Besides the great location and free breakfast, I did not enjoy my stay here. There was a problem with the overbooking of my dorm twice and I felt as if all that was cleaned was the sheets, notthe room. Rooms were cramped and stuffy and there was a pproblem with the opening of my door on multiple occasions.

• 28th Sep 2013

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

I didn't actually end up staying here, but I wasn't charged a cancellation fee or one nights stay as per their cancellation policy.

• 24th Sep 2013

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

Great hostel! Cool decor, good wifi, clean and spacious female dorm with cages under bed for storage. Location can't be beat either! Only issue was the "kitchen" Basically a mini fridge and a kettle. Would've liked for the common area to be better lit as well so as to encourage travellers to hang around longer.

• 24th Sep 2013

St Christopher's Inn Newquay

Newquay, England

Great location overlooking the beach, nice free breakfast and exceptionally clean dorms. Only thing lacking was a kitchen.And maybe some lockers or cages under the beds for storage. My roomates and I also had difficulty with the keycard, but staff were patient with fixing it every day.

• 21st Sep 2013

Bath YMCA

Bath, England

Good free breakfast, good location and a cheap laundry service was about all this hostel had going for it. No kitchen, not as clean as I would have liked, poor bathroom facilities and a terrible stench in the rooms. I was glad to leave this hostel.

• 19th Sep 2013

Cumberland House Gatwick

Gatwick, England

Fantastic guesthouse- clean, great value, charming rooms and a lovely breakfast. Staff was excellent and extremely hospitable. I was quite ill when I arrived at Cumberland House and Carmel really went above and beyond to ensure I was taken care of. Will definitely stay here next time I have a flight to catch as it is only a 5 minute drive from Gatwick.

• 5th Jun 2013

Anny Studios - Perissa Beach

Santorini, Greece

Fantastic staff, free computer terminals and washing machine are all plusses for me. Had an 8 bed dorm all to myself for 3 nights! Kitchenette did not have bowls or knives and location is only great if you want to stay by the beach. If you're planning to spend the majority of your time in Oia or Fira, stay elsewhere as the towns are a pain to get to by bus.

• 28th May 2013

Santorini Hostel Kykladonisia

Santorini, Greece

I actually didn't end up staying here, but passed by it and it had a very central location in Fira. Some friends of mine who did stay here loved the rooftop patio.

• 28th May 2013

Francesco's

Ios, Greece

The staff was excellent- exceedingly helpful and friendly and the location/view is hard to beat! Loved the pool area and deck overlooking Ios and the Aegean Sea.

• 27th May 2013

Soula Hotel

Naxos, Greece

Cleanliness could've been better (stains on sheets, etc), but for the price, fantastic location, free port pick up/drop off and kitchenette in my spacious dorm, I'll take it.

• 23rd May 2013

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Great location! Rooftop bar and kitchen area are a fun place to hang out.

• 21st May 2013

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

Great lounge/common area and free breakfast is a plus.

• 17th May 2013

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

6 bed female dorm was clean and spacious and felt more like a hotel then a hostel. Didn't use many of their facilities and was unimpressed that they advertised tours and a travel desk on their website, but when approached about it, 3 different staff members told me none were available and the tours should have been taken off the website. Besides this issue, had a great stay at PLUS Florence.

• 12th May 2013

A&O Graz Hauptbahnhof

Graz, Austria

Extremely clean rooms that also happen to be bright and spacious. 6 bed dorm felt more like a hotel room than a hostel room. Located in not exactly in the best area of town although only a 25 minute walk/10 minute tram ride to the city centre. 3 minutes away on foot from train station which is perfect for catching early morning/late night trains. A kitchen and linen that's included in price of stay would be appreciated.

• 6th May 2013