Reviews: tkpreissl9035

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 20

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

There was only one thing I did not like about this hostel- the beds were extremely uncomfortable and not equipped with a thick enough blanket for a Prague winter. But everything else was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Directions, reccommendations and just talking to you about your day. Kitchen was well equipped, lockers in rooms, free computer use and good wifi and a wonderful breakfast with fruit and cheese!

• 20th Nov 2013

David Hasselhostel

Budapest, Hungary

Cheap, friendly staff, good atmosphere. There is no luggage room so be aware of that. Cleanliness was just average. Had a great stay though!

• 16th Nov 2013

City Hostel N├╝rnberg

Nuremberg, Germany

Just an okay hostel. Nothing spectacular. Good location, lockers in rooms, well equipped kitchen. You have to pay for wifi and the showers are quite poor.

• 7th Nov 2013

A&O Hamburg City

Hamburg, Germany

• 2nd Nov 2013

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel. Excellent location and free breakfast. However I stayed across the river at Abbey Court too and found the atmosphere and cleanliness to be much better.

• 31st Oct 2013

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I stayed in the large female dorm and it was clean and comfortable. Excellent location, great free breakfast and under bed cages to store things. Free wifi and computers as well. One thing I was unimpressed with was the state of the kitchen a good portion of the time. Many burners weren't working and many guests left the area in disarray.

• 27th Oct 2013

Captain Halpin's Hostel

Wicklow, Ireland

This hostel would have been great had it been a bit more clean. Great atmosphere and location!

• 25th Oct 2013

Rowan Tree Hostel

Ennis, Ireland

Was upgraded from a dorm to a private room upon my arrival :) Good wifi, beautiful location on the river and helpful staff. Free 10 minute international calls was a highlight for sure!

• 24th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks a million for your very nice review ! Were delighted you enjoyed your stay with us !! Regards from all the team @ Rowan Tree Hostel

Rainbow Hostel Doolin

Doolin, Ireland

Good hostel overall. Right across from the bus station, good kitchen. Couldn't connect to wifi the whole time I was there unfortunately.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

I think the only thing lacking at this hostel was the atmosphere. Otherwise good rooms, kitchen, location, staff and free breakfast!

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

I don't even know how to begin my review of this hostel. I had the most amazing time here in Letterfrack. The hoslitality demonstrated by Mike and the Letterfrack locals was amazing. I felt welcome from the moment I stepped inside. I was upgraded from a dorm to a private room, given advice on the region, served dinner, dropped off and picked up by Mike on a coastal walk he personally recommended. The breakfast, self catering kitchen and common area are very good also! Steps away from thepark too

• 18th Oct 2013

Glasgow Youth Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

Hostel was better then I thought. Beautiful property however as a solo female I found it quite eerie at night coming from the city centre. Close to supermarket and about 20/25 minute walk from main bus station.

• 12th Oct 2013

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Really awesome hostel. Loved the free walking tours offered, open mic nights in the bar and the kitchen was one of the best I've seen at a hostel. Located right in the Grassmarket near to good eats and pubs. Close to the Castle, Royal Mile, museums and a supermarket too. 30 bed dorm was fine, split into two levels so nowhere near as bad as you'd imagine.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Besides the great location and free breakfast, I did not enjoy my stay here. There was a problem with the overbooking of my dorm twice and I felt as if all that was cleaned was the sheets, notthe room. Rooms were cramped and stuffy and there was a pproblem with the opening of my door on multiple occasions.

• 28th Sep 2013

Bunkhouse

Cardiff, Wales

Great hostel! Cool decor, good wifi, clean and spacious female dorm with cages under bed for storage. Location can't be beat either! Only issue was the "kitchen" Basically a mini fridge and a kettle. Would've liked for the common area to be better lit as well so as to encourage travellers to hang around longer.

• 24th Sep 2013

Nomad

Cardiff, Wales

I didn't actually end up staying here, but I wasn't charged a cancellation fee or one nights stay as per their cancellation policy.

• 24th Sep 2013

St Christopher's Inn Newquay

Newquay, England

Great location overlooking the beach, nice free breakfast and exceptionally clean dorms. Only thing lacking was a kitchen.And maybe some lockers or cages under the beds for storage. My roomates and I also had difficulty with the keycard, but staff were patient with fixing it every day.

• 21st Sep 2013

Bath YMCA

Bath, England

Good free breakfast, good location and a cheap laundry service was about all this hostel had going for it. No kitchen, not as clean as I would have liked, poor bathroom facilities and a terrible stench in the rooms. I was glad to leave this hostel.

• 19th Sep 2013

Cumberland House Gatwick

Gatwick, England

Fantastic guesthouse- clean, great value, charming rooms and a lovely breakfast. Staff was excellent and extremely hospitable. I was quite ill when I arrived at Cumberland House and Carmel really went above and beyond to ensure I was taken care of. Will definitely stay here next time I have a flight to catch as it is only a 5 minute drive from Gatwick.

• 5th Jun 2013

Anny Studios - Perissa Beach

Santorini, Greece

Fantastic staff, free computer terminals and washing machine are all plusses for me. Had an 8 bed dorm all to myself for 3 nights! Kitchenette did not have bowls or knives and location is only great if you want to stay by the beach. If you're planning to spend the majority of your time in Oia or Fira, stay elsewhere as the towns are a pain to get to by bus.

• 28th May 2013

Santorini Hostel Kykladonisia

Santorini, Greece

I actually didn't end up staying here, but passed by it and it had a very central location in Fira. Some friends of mine who did stay here loved the rooftop patio.

• 28th May 2013

Francesco's

Ios, Greece

The staff was excellent- exceedingly helpful and friendly and the location/view is hard to beat! Loved the pool area and deck overlooking Ios and the Aegean Sea.

• 27th May 2013

Soula Hotel

Naxos, Greece

Cleanliness could've been better (stains on sheets, etc), but for the price, fantastic location, free port pick up/drop off and kitchenette in my spacious dorm, I'll take it.

• 23rd May 2013

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Great location! Rooftop bar and kitchen area are a fun place to hang out.

• 21st May 2013

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

Great lounge/common area and free breakfast is a plus.

• 17th May 2013

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

6 bed female dorm was clean and spacious and felt more like a hotel then a hostel. Didn't use many of their facilities and was unimpressed that they advertised tours and a travel desk on their website, but when approached about it, 3 different staff members told me none were available and the tours should have been taken off the website. Besides this issue, had a great stay at PLUS Florence.

• 12th May 2013

David Inn

Florence, Italy

Giovanna who runs the hostel is fantastic! Knows every guest by name and is passionate about Florence. The guy who overlooks the hostel at night however is not great at all. Had trouble checking me in and let in a guy who wasn't even staying in the hostel into my all female dorm at 5am. Location is perfect though, 10 minutes from the train station, close to all the sights and a duomo view from the back room!

• 11th May 2013

A&O Graz Hauptbahnhof

Graz, Austria

Extremely clean rooms that also happen to be bright and spacious. 6 bed dorm felt more like a hotel room than a hostel room. Located in not exactly in the best area of town although only a 25 minute walk/10 minute tram ride to the city centre. 3 minutes away on foot from train station which is perfect for catching early morning/late night trains. A kitchen and linen that's included in price of stay would be appreciated.

• 6th May 2013