Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

Only thing I can complain about here is laundry drying taking quite long. Everything else is great. One of the best places in Tokyo to meet other travelers.

Khaosan hostel group is run very well, and this location is no exception. Great location. There's a decent nightlife in this area. The only off point was that the location was a bit far from most trains I wanted to take, but I don't mind walking. Some travelers might though seeing the massive amounts of luggage people are dragging around.

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

This place is always one of my favorites to stay at. Close to a few different train stops. The staff are some of the best out there.

Jimbocho Sakura Hotel

Tokyo, Japan

Pretty good place. Would stay again. Staff is super helpful if you ask them about things.

Very helpful staff! Great location. The streetcar system in Hiroshima rules! Use it!

Thank you for reviewing the J-Hoppers hiroshima Guesthouse. We are glad to hear that our staff made a positive impact on your stay! We look forward to welcoming you again!

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Great location. Awesome location. Chill spot upstairs with computers for use. Computers for use in the dorms as well. Located in the Gion district, it's a beautiful walk to everywhere in town.

Thank you! The location is one of the best in Kyoto. The common area is chill spot for everybody. The computers are good to get the information for your travel, and to contact somebody. Gion district is historical and beautiful. Thank you for staying with us! Thank you for your comment!

Capsule hotel! I prefer hostel style places but this was fine. Not great for meeting others but that's what going out is for. Cool experience. Power in the capsule. Along with your own in-capsule safe!

Aizuya Inn

Tokyo, Japan

Not a great backpacker vibe, but that seems harder to find in Japan. Everything was great though, if you're coming back late you have to get a key for the front door and put down a deposit. Deposit for the room key too. 100yen for 5 min shower. Keep in mind you should keep turning on/off the water so you can get your full 5 minutes worth!

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

These guys run a great hostel. Good atmosphere. Excellent for meeting other travelers. Staff speaks English really well and are a pretty good help with whatever you need. I would stay at any of the khaosan hostels based on my stay at KTN!

The Led Zephyr

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Lock up your valuables! Don't even listen to music on your phone or iPod while going to sleep. The thieves will unplug your earphones and take your ipod while you sleep. The management gives you a key for the dorm door but other travelers don't use the keys. I was lucky, I chased down the ladyboi with another traveler using find my iphone app and got my phone back. But it's still disgusting that somebody would come into the dorm and take my phone while its plugged into my ears!

Spicythai Backpackers

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This place rocks. Clean. Good air con. Hot shower. Cold shower. Whatever you like. Friendly staff. Great for teaming up with others for activities.

Moonstone Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Only thing avail for the full moon party when we were booking the day of. I didn't know about all the playboy bunnies everywhere. But the stay was great. Incredible aircon. Dude running it was chill too. Lockers in the room for your valuables. Dope place to crash for a couple hours post sun rise.

Sam Sen Sam

Bangkok, Thailand

We enjoyed Sam Sen Sam! Make sure you know what room you're booking(ie a/c or fan) if that matters to you. Great free breakfast. They offer laundry service too! Close to koh sahn road if that's your thing.