Reviews: RobDBarrett

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 21

Istiklal Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel. Adam the worker who was their most of the time I was there was a fantastic bloke! Ordered some food for me straight to the hostel one day when I was hungover. Other than that, nice roomy dorms, fresh brekky, most days there are locals in the hostel you that can teach you a thing or two about backgammon! It's located right near Sultanahmet tram stop and close to some great restaurants. No kitchen was the only bad thing but with such cheap food around there is no need!

• 8th Nov 2013

Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Absolute ripper of a hostel! Unkas, the owner, makes any situation fantastic and keeps the hostel lively even if it's only you and him. Everythig was super clean with a nice big bathroom. Unkas would happily give any amount of information and is actually doing me a massive favour for me now by sending a jacket I left behind to my next destination! No complaints about this place and don't forget to enjoy the 'delicious' welcome shot!

• 26th Oct 2013

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

This is the first hostel that made me feel as if I had to right a review. This hostel is the bees knees. Although when I was there it was quite empty the staff helped keep us all entertained with great music, free rakija shot at breakfast, good banter and great recommendations of where to go and what to do in Zagreb! The hostel itself is super modern and has a great industrial but niche feel with lots of quirky tables, chairs, art etc. I planned on staying only one night but ended being there 4!

• 23rd Oct 2013