Botanic Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent and helpful staff and location is very secure. Although it is very accessible to alot of bus lines the property was farther then i expected from some of the sites i planned to visit. The room i stayed in had a very damp smell to it, upon looking around to the base of the rooms and bathrooms there was heavy mold issues which would explain the smell of the air. The shower was very small and the shower curtain had mildew on it which made me uncomfortable while cleaning.

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

Great place to stay. Close to train lines and Sagrada familia. I didn't take many points off for this but my entire dorm was full of coughers. The hostel can't control that so I didn't take that away from them. Also NEVER leave anything in the fridge everything I wrote my name on got consumed by someone the next morning on all 3 nights! The staff was notified but kinda just shrugged their shoulders. Maybe they ate it. But anyway besides not getting sleep and my stuff eaten it was great!

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Very fun hostel and would return here if I came back to Lisbon. Hostel has all of the amenities needed and the staff goes out of its way to make you feel at HOME. Only downfall for me is I am a fairly light sleeper so with the 2nd floor partying with loud music woke me up a few times but I would still stay here again without question! Very close to metro and walking distance to a few attractions

Overall I would return to this location. I would just choose not to do the outside tent. The lounge area is right next to the sleeping quarters so the talking doesn't allow a light sleeper to get much rest. Somehow nightly its always a battle for couches in the sleeping area, so get to your couch early. The distance to the beach is not bad but commuting to central bus station can be quite a hike. Staff is very helpful. Location is clean.

I would stay at the location again. Only major downfall was how the room was setup. The top bunk did not have access for me to plug in my electronics and the courtyard area was right outside the window so smoke comes into the room and you can hear all conversations. The hostel was farther than expected from tourist attractions. very clean and nice friendly staff

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This place is amazing! Staff is educated and happy to help. Clean would be an understatement. Mattresses were comfortable. Very close to all the museums and not too far of a walk from everything. Caution...Watch your step walking down the stairwell I seen a few people tumble but there is an elevator available for convenience. Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed in and will highly recommend it.

Terra Brasilis Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very relaxing hostel with probably one of the best views of the city. Does not have much of an environment but i stayed here for a night and would stay here again. But the location is not bad from Lapa but climbing up the street is ROUGH after a few drinks.

CheQinn

Bangkok, Thailand

CheQinn was a quiet location off a busy area near Nana Plaza. The place was super clean and i was surrounded by friendly staff and other travelers. One of the rare hostels i have stayed in over the past few months that had a good wifi range in the rooms without having to migrate to the lobby for a signal. They also have the A/C on blast, which is good because the low was 85 degrees even at night!

The Lounge

Koh Samui, Thailand

The Hostel was wonderful, great staff. Only downfall was the wifi in the rooms so was limited to being in the lounge area. The A/C was great, the facilities were wonderful. i had no major complaints at all. I made mistake and didnt complete my reservation fully and the staff was able to accommodate me. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future